The International Cricket Council (ICC) have moved Kenya's Intercontinental Cup and one-day series against Namibia from Mombasa to Windhoek due to insecurity in the East African nation, cricket officials said on Thursday.
"Yes they (ICC) have discounted Kenya because of the reasons of security," Cricket Kenya (CK) chief Samir Inamdar told AFP.
The decision to withdraw the series, which have been postponed before from last June to late September, means Kenya will lose its right to host the first class tie and the two limited-overs matches, which count towards the World Cricket League championship and qualification for the 2015 World Cup.
The series were rescheduled to play from September 29 to October 6 in the coastal town of Mombasa, after the Kenyan capital Nairobi was hit by a series of grenade attacks earlier in the year.
But further security concerns were raised by the ICC on the suitability of Mombasa after three days of deadly riots following the assassination of a muslim cleric in the port city last week.
A number of foreign embassies including Australia, Britain and France have issued travel advisories warning their nationals against travelling to the Kenyan coast.