India vs Australia 3rd ODI Highlights: India Beat Australia In Close Encounter To Avoid Series Whitewash
IND vs AUS 3rd ODI Highlights: India defeated Australia by 13 runs, to register their maiden triumph in the three-match ODI series.
India defeated Australia by 13 runs in the final ODI of the three-match series at the Manuka Oval in Canberra. Team India posted a total of 302 runs for the loss of five wickets in 50 overs, after skipper Virat Kohli won the toss and opted to bat. Hardik Pandya was the highest run-getter, smashing 92 runs off 76 deliveries in an innings comprising of seven boundaries and a six. Ravindra Jadeja was the second top run-scorer, hitting 66 runs off 50 balls with five boundaries and three maximums to his credit. Kohli was dismissed for 63 runs off 78 deliveries. Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer were dismissed cheaply. Ashton Agar was the pick of the bowlers for Australia, accounting for two wickets. During the chase, Aaron Finch was the highest run-getter for the hosts, scoring 75 runs off 82 deliveries. Glenn Maxwell provided quality support, smashing 59 runs off 38 deliveries. However, a fine performance by the Indian bowling attack helped the visitors secure a win and avoid series whitewash. Shardul Thakur was the highest wicket-taker, accounting for three dismissals. Jasprit Bumrah and T Natarajan picked two wickets apiece. Australia clinched the three-match ODI series 2-1. (SCORECARD)
3rd ODI Highlights Between Australia (AUS) vs India (IND), Straight From Manuka Oval, Canberra
- 17:20 (IST)That's it from us!Thank you for joining us for the live coverage of an interesting ODI series. Please tune in on Friday for the first T20I between Australia and India.
- 17:05 (IST)India win by 13 runs following the dismissal of Adam ZampaJasprit Bumrah has dismissed Adam Zampa leg before wicket (lbw), after the batsman looked to flick across the line without proper control in case of a delivery that was too quick. HawkEye showed the ball pitching in line and going on to hit the stumps.Zampa's dismissal has sealed a win for Team India by a margin of 13 runs.
#TeamIndia win the final ODI by 13 runs.#AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/bbz1kCcw2S— BCCI (@BCCI) December 2, 2020
- 16:57 (IST)Australia need 15 runs from the final overAustralia need 15 runs from the final over of the innings. Jasprit Bumrah will bowl the last over.
- 16:47 (IST)WICKET! Ashton Agar c Kuldeep Yadav b T Natarajan 28 (28)Ashton Agar chips a full delivery straight to Kuldeep Yadav at extra cover, tilting the game completely in favour of India. Josh Hazlewood is the last batsman in.
- 16:46 (IST)WICKET! Sean Abbott c KL Rahul b Shardul Thakur 4 (9)Sean Abbott departs for 4 runs off 9 deliveries, after being deceived by a shorter delivery from Shardul Thakur. Abbott attempted to go for a hook shot, but was beaten with KL Rahul completing a catch off the gloves. Adam Zampa is the new man in.
- 16:40 (IST)Australia need 29 runs in 24 ballsGlenn Maxwell's dismissal has certainly reduced the scoring rate, with an increase in the required run-rate. There is pressure on Sean Abbott and Ashton Agar, which the Indian bowlers will look to take full advantage of. Australia 274/7 after 46 overs
- 16:32 (IST)WICKET! Glenn Maxwell b Jasprit Bumrah 59 (38)Jasprit Bumrah has accounted for the massive dismissal of Glenn Maxwell. Bumrah bowled an excellent yorker, which Maxwell failed to negotiate, with the ball going on to hit the stumps. Sean Abbott is the new man in.
- 16:27 (IST)Australia need 39 runs from 36 ballsGlenn Maxwell's quick runs in the last few overs have tilted the match in favour of Australia. Team India need to dismiss Maxwell as soon as possible. Australia 264/6 after 44 overs
- 16:25 (IST)FOUR!Ashton Agar gets his second boundary of the innings. Agar picked a back of length delivery bowled outside off early, finding the fence with a square cut.
- 16:24 (IST)FOUR!Glenn Maxwell follows up the six with a boundary. Maxwell directed the full toss through the gap at extra cover and mid-off.
- 16:22 (IST)Glenn Maxwell completes his half-century with a sixGlenn Maxwell has completed his second fifty of the series, with a six off a full delivery. Maxwell swung hard, clearing the boundary at deep mid-wicket astutely.
- 16:16 (IST)SIX!Massive reverse six by Glenn Maxwell, following a shot which was well-timed with proper contact.
- 16:14 (IST)Just 7 runs off the 41st and 42nd oversKuldeep Yadav and Jasprit Bumrah have just conceded a combined seven runs from the 41st and 42nd overs of the innings. While Kuldeep conceded three singles from the 41st over, Bumrah bowled a wide along with three singles. Australia 234/6 after 42 overs
- 16:05 (IST)FOUR!Glenn Maxwell gets his second boundary of the innings, following a brilliantly placed shot into the gap. Maxwell played a lovely late cut, finding the gap at backward point and short third man.
- 16:03 (IST)FOUR!Ashton Agar manages to get an edge off a yorker by T Natarajan, with the ball racing away for four.
- 15:59 (IST)Australia need 90 runs in 66 ballsGlenn Maxwell holds the key for Australia with 90 runs needed in 66 balls. The dismissal of Maxwell at this stage, could well tilt the game completely in favour of India. Australia 213/6 after 39 overs
- 15:55 (IST)WICKET! Alex Carey run out (Virat Kohli) 38 (42)Massive boost for Team India as some miscommunication between Glenn Maxwell and Alex Carey, results in the latter's dismissal. Carey attempted to go for a risky run, before being left stranded midway during the run following confusion. Virat Kohli threw the ball back quickly, with KL Rahul completing the run-out. Ashton Agar is the new man in.
- 15:51 (IST)FOUR!Glenn Maxwell gets his first boundary of the innings, hitting the ball with confidence over the infield at extra cover.
- 15:46 (IST)SIX!Consecutive sixes for Glenn Maxwell who smashes the ball over the deep mid-wicket fence, following a short delivery by Ravindra Jadeja.
- 15:44 (IST)SIX!Glenn Maxwell gets his first six of the innings. Maxwell smashed the ball over deep mid-wicket with great strength, showing some intent.
- 15:43 (IST)FOUR!Alex Carey gets his fourth boundary of the innings following a quick and short ball by Jasprit Bumrah. Carey played a swivel-pull, beating the fielder at deep backward square leg.
- 15:36 (IST)FOUR!Alex Carey gets his third boundary of the innings, coming down the track, lofting the full delivery over Ravindra Jadeja's head for a four.
- 15:34 (IST)Australia need 135 runs in 17 oversAustralia need 135 runs in 17 overs, with Alex Carey and Glenn Maxwell at the crease. While the required run-rate is close to 8, Maxwell is well capable of changing the game on his own. Australia 168/5 after 33 overs
- 15:20 (IST)WICKET! Cameron Green c Ravindra Jadeja b Kuldeep Yadav 21 (27)Ravindra Jadeja completes an excellent catch at deep backward square leg, to end Cameron Green's short innings. Green attempted to sweep a tossed up delivery from Kuldeep Yadav, but could not direct the shot properly with Jadeja completing a catch. Glenn Maxwell is the new man in.
- 15:18 (IST)FOUR!Cameron Green gets his first boundary of the innings, picking the googly well, punching the ball through the covers astutely.
- 15:15 (IST)Virat Kohli drops Alex CareyAlex Carey attempted to drive a back of a length delivery off the backfoot, towards Virat Kohli at mid-off. Kohli failed to judge the shot properly, reacting late as he got a fingertip which did not prove enough, as the ball raced away to the fence.
- 15:10 (IST)FOUR!Alex Carey gets his first boundary of the innings, going down on one knee and playing the slog sweep.
- 15:01 (IST)SIX!Cameron Green gets his first six of the innings, following a length delivery. Green went down on one knee, clearing the fence near cow corner with a slog sweep.
- 15:00 (IST)WICKET! Aaron Finch c Shikhar Dhawan b Ravindra Jadeja 75 (82)Aaron Finch departs for 75 as Shikhar Dhawan manages to complete a catch on the second attempt. Finch attempted to go for a big-hit but couldnt get the connection right. This resulted in an opportunity for Dhawan at long-on, who managed to complete an important catch. Alex Carey is the new man in.
- 14:56 (IST)Australia under pressureAustralia have struggled to get the runs, with skipper Aaron Finch showing his frustration as well. The current run rate is 4.88, with the required run-rate at 7.24. Will this force the batsmen to take some risks? Australia 122/3 after 25 overs
- 14:47 (IST)WICKET! Moises Henriques c Shikhar Dhawan b Shardul Thakur 22 (31)Shardul Thakur accounts for the dismissal of Moises Henriques, breaking a budding partnership. Henriques pulled a cross-seam short of length deliery from Thakur, to Shikhar Dhawan at mid-wicket. Cameron Green is the new man in.
Shardul's got another wicket and he gives Henriques the stink eye on the way out too— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) December 2, 2020
Live #AUSvIND: https://t.co/L7AjidJPm9 pic.twitter.com/uBpXyJH97E
- 14:42 (IST)FOUR!Seventh boundary of the innings for Aaron Finch, who spots the presence of mid-on inside the circle, smashing the ball confidently for a four.
- 14:40 (IST)FOUR!Aaron Finch gets his sixth boundary of the innings, pulling the short ball over mid-wicket. Iyer attempted to stop the boundary, but could not execute the effort perfectly.
- 14:39 (IST)FOUR!Boundary for Moises Henriques who plays a fantastic pull shot, where he was completely in control at every stage. Henriques hit the ball between mid-wicket and mid-on, with great precision.
- 14:36 (IST)Australia 2 runs away from 100-run mark at the end of 20 oversAustralia have reached a score of 98 runs for the loss of two wickets in 20 overs. Aaron Finch holds the key for the hosts, having scored his half-century. Australia 98/2 after 20 overs
- 14:30 (IST)Half-century for Aaron FinchAustralia skipper Aaron Finch has completed his half-century off 61 deliveries, reaching the milestone with a six. Finch played a slog sweep all the way into the stands near deep backward square, with great confidence. This is the Australia skipper's 29th ODI half-century.
A 50 for Finch - and much needed for Australia! #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/rwL7EnzqQR— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) December 2, 2020
- 14:25 (IST)FOUR!Aaron Finch breaks the shackles, with a boundary down to fine leg. The boundaries had dried up in the last few overs, which stops now following Finch's shot.
- 14:23 (IST)Ravindra Jadeja introduced into the attackRavindra Jadeja has been introduced into the attack, after a few overs were bowled by Kuldeep Yadav. Jadeja was impactful with the bat. Can he make a difference with the ball? Australia 72/2 after 15 overs
- 14:11 (IST)India lose a reviewIndia have lost a review, for an LBW call against Aaron Finch. KL Rahul convinced Virat Kohli to go for a DRS review, after the umpire turned down the appeal. However, with ball-tracking showing the ball to be missing leg-stump, this move fell flat.
- 14:07 (IST)FOUR!Consecutive boundaries for Moises Henriques who punches the ball square past point following a short delivery which had width on offer.