India vs Australia 3rd ODI Highlights: India Beat Australia In Close Encounter To Avoid Series Whitewash
IND vs AUS 3rd ODI Highlights: India defeated Australia by 13 runs, to register their maiden triumph in the three-match ODI series.
India defeated Australia by 13 runs in the final ODI of the three-match series at the Manuka Oval in Canberra. Team India posted a total of 302 runs for the loss of five wickets in 50 overs, after skipper Virat Kohli won the toss and opted to bat. Hardik Pandya was the highest run-getter, smashing 92 runs off 76 deliveries in an innings comprising of seven boundaries and a six. Ravindra Jadeja was the second top run-scorer, hitting 66 runs off 50 balls with five boundaries and three maximums to his credit. Kohli was dismissed for 63 runs off 78 deliveries. Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer were dismissed cheaply. Ashton Agar was the pick of the bowlers for Australia, accounting for two wickets. During the chase, Aaron Finch was the highest run-getter for the hosts, scoring 75 runs off 82 deliveries. Glenn Maxwell provided quality support, smashing 59 runs off 38 deliveries. However, a fine performance by the Indian bowling attack helped the visitors secure a win and avoid series whitewash. Shardul Thakur was the highest wicket-taker, accounting for three dismissals. Jasprit Bumrah and T Natarajan picked two wickets apiece. Australia clinched the three-match ODI series 2-1. (SCORECARD)
3rd ODI Highlights Between Australia (AUS) vs India (IND), Straight From Manuka Oval, Canberra
- 17:05 (IST)India win by 13 runs following the dismissal of Adam ZampaJasprit Bumrah has dismissed Adam Zampa leg before wicket (lbw), after the batsman looked to flick across the line without proper control in case of a delivery that was too quick. HawkEye showed the ball pitching in line and going on to hit the stumps.Zampa's dismissal has sealed a win for Team India by a margin of 13 runs.
- 16:46 (IST)
- 16:14 (IST)
- 15:55 (IST)WICKET! Alex Carey run out (Virat Kohli) 38 (42)Massive boost for Team India as some miscommunication between Glenn Maxwell and Alex Carey, results in the latter's dismissal. Carey attempted to go for a risky run, before being left stranded midway during the run following confusion. Virat Kohli threw the ball back quickly, with KL Rahul completing the run-out. Ashton Agar is the new man in.
- 15:20 (IST)WICKET! Cameron Green c Ravindra Jadeja b Kuldeep Yadav 21 (27)Ravindra Jadeja completes an excellent catch at deep backward square leg, to end Cameron Green's short innings. Green attempted to sweep a tossed up delivery from Kuldeep Yadav, but could not direct the shot properly with Jadeja completing a catch. Glenn Maxwell is the new man in.
- 15:00 (IST)WICKET! Aaron Finch c Shikhar Dhawan b Ravindra Jadeja 75 (82)Aaron Finch departs for 75 as Shikhar Dhawan manages to complete a catch on the second attempt. Finch attempted to go for a big-hit but couldnt get the connection right. This resulted in an opportunity for Dhawan at long-on, who managed to complete an important catch. Alex Carey is the new man in.
- 14:47 (IST)WICKET! Moises Henriques c Shikhar Dhawan b Shardul Thakur 22 (31)Shardul Thakur accounts for the dismissal of Moises Henriques, breaking a budding partnership. Henriques pulled a cross-seam short of length deliery from Thakur, to Shikhar Dhawan at mid-wicket. Cameron Green is the new man in.
- 14:30 (IST)Half-century for Aaron FinchAustralia skipper Aaron Finch has completed his half-century off 61 deliveries, reaching the milestone with a six. Finch played a slog sweep all the way into the stands near deep backward square, with great confidence. This is the Australia skipper's 29th ODI half-century.