India vs Australia 2nd ODI Highlights: Australia Beat India By 51 Runs To Take 2-0 Unbeatable Series Lead
IND vs AUS 2nd ODI Highlights: Australia defeated India by 51 runs, following an excellent century by Steve Smith and a fine all-round performance by the bowling attack.
Australia defeated India by 51 runs in the second ODI of the three-match series at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Courtesy the win, the hosts took an unbeatable 2-0 lead in the series, following victory in the opening match held at the same venue by a margin of 66 runs. Australia scored 389 runs for the loss of four wickets, after winning the toss and opting to bat. Steve Smith scored his 11th ODI century, making it two consecutive tons for the Australian batsman. David Warner, Glenn Maxwell, Marnus Labuschagne and Aaron Finch hit half-centuries as Indian bowlers suffered once again. While Finch registered his 28th ODI half-century, Warner completed his 23rd ODI fifty. Maxwell and Labuschagne further recorded their 21st and 3rd half-centuries in the 50-over format. None of the Indian bowlers managed to make much of an impact, with Mohammed Shami and Jasprit Bumrah conceding 73 and 79 runs respectively. Ravindra Jadeja dropped two catches, making it all the more difficult for the visitors. Virat Kohli was the highest run-getter in the chase for Team India, smashing 89 runs off 87 deliveries. KL Rahul was the second top run-scorer, hitting 76 runs off 66 balls. Pat Cummins was the pick of the bowlers, accounting for three wickets. Josh Hazlewood and Adam Zampa completed two dismissals apiece. (SCORECARD)
2nd ODI Highlights Between Australia (AUS) vs India (IND), Straight From Sydney
- 16:46 (IST)WICKET! KL Rahul c John Hazlewood b Adam Zampa 76 (66)KL Rahul attempts to swipe across the line, resulting in a top-edge to Josh Hazlewood at short third man, who makes no mistakes. Ravindra Jadeja is the new man in.
- 16:24 (IST)Half-century for KL RahulKL Rahul brings up his 8th half-century in ODI cricket with a powerful six. Rahul picked up the length early, smashing the ball over deep mid-wicket.
- 16:19 (IST)India need 146 runs from 72 ballsKL Rahul and Hardik Pandya are the batsmen at the crease for India, who need 146 runs from 72 deliveries. However, a dismissal at this stage will leave Ravindra Jadeja as the last recognised batsman, which might play a role in determining the approach to the chase. India 244/4 after 38 overs
- 16:05 (IST)WICKET! Virat Kohli c Moises Henriques b Josh Hazlewood 89 (87)Josh Hazlewood has struck with the massive dismissal of Virat Kohli. Kohli charged down the wicket, in order to play a pull shot off a back of length delivery having sensed an opportunity. However, Moises Henriques completed a fantastic catch at short midwicket, bringing Hardik Pandya to the crease.
- 15:59 (IST)FOUR!Virat Kohli has now completed 22,000 International runs, following a fine boundary. Kohli picked the flighted delivery from Adam Zampa early, charging down the wicket and directing the ball towards the deep extra cover fence.
- 15:11 (IST)WICKET! Shreyas Iyer c Steve Smith b Moises Henriques 38 (36)Important breakthrough for Australia, as Steve Smith completes a fine catch to dismiss Shreyas Iyer. Iyer attempted to hit a slower ball through mid-wicket, but failed to get it beyond Smith who flew to his left. KL Rahul is the new man in.