India vs Australia 2nd ODI Highlights: Australia Beat India By 51 Runs To Take 2-0 Unbeatable Series Lead
IND vs AUS 2nd ODI Highlights: Australia defeated India by 51 runs, following an excellent century by Steve Smith and a fine all-round performance by the bowling attack.
Australia defeated India by 51 runs in the second ODI of the three-match series at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Courtesy the win, the hosts took an unbeatable 2-0 lead in the series, following victory in the opening match held at the same venue by a margin of 66 runs. Australia scored 389 runs for the loss of four wickets, after winning the toss and opting to bat. Steve Smith scored his 11th ODI century, making it two consecutive tons for the Australian batsman. David Warner, Glenn Maxwell, Marnus Labuschagne and Aaron Finch hit half-centuries as Indian bowlers suffered once again. While Finch registered his 28th ODI half-century, Warner completed his 23rd ODI fifty. Maxwell and Labuschagne further recorded their 21st and 3rd half-centuries in the 50-over format. None of the Indian bowlers managed to make much of an impact, with Mohammed Shami and Jasprit Bumrah conceding 73 and 79 runs respectively. Ravindra Jadeja dropped two catches, making it all the more difficult for the visitors. Virat Kohli was the highest run-getter in the chase for Team India, smashing 89 runs off 87 deliveries. KL Rahul was the second top run-scorer, hitting 76 runs off 66 balls. Pat Cummins was the pick of the bowlers, accounting for three wickets. Josh Hazlewood and Adam Zampa completed two dismissals apiece. (SCORECARD)
2nd ODI Highlights Between Australia (AUS) vs India (IND), Straight From Sydney
- 17:40 (IST)That's it from us!Thank you for tuning in. Join us for the final ODI of the three-match series between Australia and India on Wednesday.
- 17:19 (IST)Australia win by 51 runsAustralia have defeated India by 51 runs, taking a 2-0 lead in the three-match ODI series. India have now lost 5 matches in a row, in the 50-over format.
- 17:18 (IST)FOUR!Navdeep Saini gets a boundary, smashing the ball to long-off astutely.
- 17:14 (IST)WICKET! Jasprit Bumrah lbw Adam Zampa 0 (2)Jasprit Bumrah departs for a duck after being struck plub in front. Bumrah walks back with a look of sadness, having failed to picked the googly. Yuzvendra Chahal is the last batsman in.
- 17:12 (IST)WICKET! Mohammed Shami c&b Glenn Maxwell 1 (4)Mohammed Shami departs for 1 run off 4 deliveries following a delivery thrown out wide, which Shami attempted to smash without proper timing. Maxwell took initiative, completing a fine return catch. Jasprit Bumrah is the new man in.
- 17:09 (IST)WICKET! Hardik Pandya c Steve Smith b Pat Cummins 28 (31)Wickets off consecutive deliveries for Pat Cummins, as Hardik Pandya attempts to smash the ball over long-off without proper timing, handing a simple catch to Steve Smith at long-off. Mohammed Shami is the new man in.
- 17:05 (IST)WICKET! Ravindra Jadeja c Glenn Maxwell b Pat Cummins 24 (11)Ravindra Jadeja departs for 24 runs off 11 deliveries, following a cross-seamer from Pat Cummins. Jadeja attempted to loft the ball over long-off, but failed to clear Glenn Maxwell at mid-off. Navdeep Saini is the new man in.
- 17:00 (IST)SIX!Second six of the innings off Ravindra Jadeja who plays a pick-up shot off the pads, over deep square leg.
- 16:59 (IST)SIX!Ravindra Jadeja gets a six off the low full-toss, smashing the ball over deep mid-wicket.
- 16:58 (IST)Hardik Pandya survives following the delivery being ruled as a no-ballHardik Pandya failed to get proper contact on his shot, with Marnus Labuschagne completing the catch, However, Hardik will continue to bat after Mitchell Starc was seen to have overstepped. A free hit will follow.
- 16:56 (IST)Equation down to 87 runs from 30 deliveriesThe equation is down to 87 runs from 30 deliveries, which is certainly daunting considering the slowness of the pitch. India 303/5 after 45 overs
- 16:50 (IST)FOUR!Ravindra Jadeja gets the opening boundary of his innings, pulling the ball to the deep square leg for a four.
- 16:46 (IST)WICKET! KL Rahul c John Hazlewood b Adam Zampa 76 (66)KL Rahul attempts to swipe across the line, resulting in a top-edge to Josh Hazlewood at short third man, who makes no mistakes. Ravindra Jadeja is the new man in.
Zampa gets Rahul after a terrific 76 (66).— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) November 29, 2020
Live #AUSvIND: https://t.co/CTxq6E4aSW pic.twitter.com/58qJVZHwdu
- 16:44 (IST)Aaron Finch drops KL RahulAaron Finch has dropped KL Rahul following a slice just over point, with the Australian skipper failing to even get a hand on the ball.
- 16:43 (IST)SIX!Fifth six of the innings for KL Rahul who smashes Adam Zampa straight down the ground. Rahul picked the flighted delivery early, charging down the wicket before managing to clear the boundary ropes.
- 16:40 (IST)FOUR!Boundary for Hardik Pandya, who completes a 50-run partnership with KL Rahul. Hardik pulled the short ball in front of deep square leg astutely, getting some important runs.
- 16:38 (IST)SIX!KL Rahul gets his fourth six of the innings following a full-toss, carving the ball over the deep point boundary.
- 16:29 (IST)India need 131 runs from 60 ballsIndia have reached a score of 259 runs for the loss of four wickets in 40 overs. This has brought the equation down to 131 runs from the final 10 overs. The game certainly seems set for an interesting finish. India 259/4 after 40 overs
- 16:26 (IST)FOUR!Classy boundary by KL Rahul who punches the delivery bowled on a good length, over the in-field to the deep extra cover fence.
- 16:24 (IST)Half-century for KL RahulKL Rahul brings up his 8th half-century in ODI cricket with a powerful six. Rahul picked up the length early, smashing the ball over deep mid-wicket.
FIFTY!@klrahul11 with a fine half-century here at the SCG. Brings it up with a maximum!#AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/LoVF7ChAh8— BCCI (@BCCI) November 29, 2020
- 16:19 (IST)India need 146 runs from 72 ballsKL Rahul and Hardik Pandya are the batsmen at the crease for India, who need 146 runs from 72 deliveries. However, a dismissal at this stage will leave Ravindra Jadeja as the last recognised batsman, which might play a role in determining the approach to the chase. India 244/4 after 38 overs
- 16:16 (IST)SIX!Second six of the innings for KL Rahul who pulls a short delivery from Mitchell Starc, over deep square leg.
- 16:13 (IST)SIX!Excellent six by Hardik Pandya, who shows some intent early. Hardik smashed the ball into the deep mid-wicket stands, following a delivery bowled right in the slot.
- 16:05 (IST)WICKET! Virat Kohli c Moises Henriques b Josh Hazlewood 89 (87)Josh Hazlewood has struck with the massive dismissal of Virat Kohli. Kohli charged down the wicket, in order to play a pull shot off a back of length delivery having sensed an opportunity. However, Moises Henriques completed a fantastic catch at short midwicket, bringing Hardik Pandya to the crease.
That's a screamer!— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) November 29, 2020
Welcome back, Moises Henriques! #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/fHivd8IIc2
- 15:59 (IST)FOUR!Virat Kohli has now completed 22,000 International runs, following a fine boundary. Kohli picked the flighted delivery from Adam Zampa early, charging down the wicket and directing the ball towards the deep extra cover fence.
22000 international runs for King Kohli #TeamIndia pic.twitter.com/ulWqBZ3tuM— BCCI (@BCCI) November 29, 2020
- 15:52 (IST)FOUR!Consecutive boundaries for KL Rahul who plays a cut shot to deep backward point.
- 15:51 (IST)FOUR!Second boundary of the innings for KL Rahul, who picks up the length early, directing the ball to the deep mid-wicket fence.
- 15:49 (IST)50-run partnership between Virat Kohli and KL RahulVirat Kohli and KL Rahul complete a single following a push towards cover point by the former, bringing up the 50-run stand.
- 15:47 (IST)SIX!KL Rahul gets his first six of the innings, following a short delivery from Moises Henriques. Rahul pulled the ball over deep square leg for a six, providing some relief considering the required run rate.
- 15:45 (IST)FOUR!Sixth boundary of the innings for Virat Kohli who cuts the ball bowled at a high pace, through the deep backward point.
- 15:40 (IST)India need 204 runs from 120 deliveriesIndia have reached a score of 186 runs for the loss of three wickets in 30 overs. This brings the equation down to 204 runs from 120 deliveries. India 186/3 after 30 overs
- 15:32 (IST)FOUR!Virat Kohli gets his fifth boundary of the innings, pulling the ball towards deep square leg for a boundary.
- 15:28 (IST)FOUR!KL Rahul gets his opening boundary of the innings. Rahul smashed the short of length delivery from Mitchell Starc through the covers, with the ball going on to hit the boundary ropes.
- 15:24 (IST)SIX!Virat Kohli welcomes Mitchell Starc back into the attack, with a beautiful six. Starc bowled a quick delivery onto the pads, which Kohli directed over deep square leg with a flick shot.
- 15:23 (IST)Moises Henriques has delivered a tidy spell so farMoises Henriques has ensured a tight line and lengh, not allowing any room to the Indian batsmen. Henriques has conceded just 17 runs in four overs, picking a wicket, which Aaron Finch might be quite happy with. India 163/3 after 26 overs
- 15:11 (IST)WICKET! Shreyas Iyer c Steve Smith b Moises Henriques 38 (36)Important breakthrough for Australia, as Steve Smith completes a fine catch to dismiss Shreyas Iyer. Iyer attempted to hit a slower ball through mid-wicket, but failed to get it beyond Smith who flew to his left. KL Rahul is the new man in.
Just try and keep him out of the game!!! #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/DWEORwOaaV— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) November 29, 2020
- 15:08 (IST)Half-century for Virat KohliVirat Kohli has completed his 59th ODI half-century, with a boundary. Kohli played a fine sweep shot, hitting the ball behind square.
ODI half-century No.59 for Kohli #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/lNS0nkoPpp— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) November 29, 2020
- 15:06 (IST)FOUR!Shreyas Iyer gets his fifth boundary of the innings, smashing the full delivery over mid-wicket.
- 15:04 (IST)FOUR!Virat Kohli manages to get a much-needed boundary off a short delivery, pulling the ball in the gap between deep backward square leg and deep mid-wicket.
- 14:58 (IST)FOUR!Much-needed intent from Shreyas Iyer in the form of a reverse sweep. Iyer picked the ball early, directing the ball finely over backward point.