IND vs AUS, 2nd Test, Day 1 Highlights: Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara Extend India's Advantage After Bowlers' Impressive Showing
India vs Australia Test Highlights: Having bowled out Australia for 195, India ended Day 1 on 36/1 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
India took the honours on Day 1, following a fine all-round show by the team in the second Test. Indian bowlers, led by Jasprit Bumrah, put in an impressive performance to bowl out Australia for a paltry 195. Shubman Gill and Cheteshwar Pujara, then held firm against the fiery Australian pace attack to take India to 36/1 at Stumps on Day 1. The visitors had lost Mayank Agarwal in the first over. Marnus Labuschagne was the highest run-scorer during the Australian innings, scoring 48 runs off 132 deliveries. Travis Head provided support, scoring 38 runs from 92 balls. Opener Matthew Wade looked confident during his knock of 30 runs off 39 deliveries, taking the attack to Umesh Yadav. However, a risky shot led to his dismissal, with Ravindra Jadeja completing a sharp catch. Steve Smith and Joe Burns were dismissed for ducks. The hosts opted to bat after skipper Tim Paine won the toss. Jasprit Bumrah accounted for four dismissals. Ravichandran Ashwin and Mohammed Siraj took three and two wickets respectively while Ravindra Jadeja chipped in with one. (SCORECARD)
2nd Test, Day 1 Highlights Between Australia (AUS) vs India (IND), Straight From Melbourne Cricket Ground
- 12:35 (IST)End of play on Day 1India have finished Day 1 with a score of 36/1 at the end of 11 overs. The visitors trail Australia by 159 runs.
- 11:52 (IST)WICKET! Mayank Agarwal lbw Mitchell Starc 0 (6)Massive blow for Team India as Mayank Agarwal departs for a duck. Mitchell Starc trapped the opener in front following a sharp inswinger, with the umpire relenting on the bowler's appeal. Mayank attempted to go for a DRS review, which failed to overturn the decision. Cheteshwar Pujara is the new man in.
- 11:36 (IST)Australia have been bowled out for 195Australia have been bowled out for 195, after winning the toss and opting to bat. Marnus Labuschagne finished as the highest run-scorer, accumulating 48 runs off 132 deliveries. Jasprit Bumrah was the highest wicket-taker for India, with four dismissals.
Innings Break!— BCCI (@BCCI) December 26, 2020
Outstanding bowling from #TeamIndia as they bowl Australia out for 195 in the first innings of the 2nd Test on Day 1. Bumrah 4/56, Ashwin 3/35
Scorecard - https://t.co/lyjpjyeMX5 #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/CcLtGYnwvs
- 11:29 (IST)WICKET! Nathan Lyon lbw Jasprit Bumrah 20 (17)Jasprit Bumrah gets his fourth wicket of the innings, accounting for the dismissal of Nathan Lyon. Bumrah bowled a full and straight delivery, beating Lyon for pace. The ball hit the batsman on his front pad, with the umpire raising the finger. a DRS review further failed to overturn the decision. Josh Hazlewood is the last batsman in.
- 10:49 (IST)WICKET! Tim Paine c Hanuma Vihari b Ravichandran Ashwin 13 (38)Ravichandran Ashwin gets his third wicket of the innings, as Tim Paine walks after being dismissed for 13. Paine lobbed the ball which dipped sharply straight to Hanuma Vihari at backward short leg, bringing Mitchell Starc to the crease.
- 10:45 (IST)WICKET! Cameron Green lbw Mohammed Siraj 12 (60)Mohammed Siraj gets his second wicket following the dismissal of Cameron Green, who is adjudged OUT LBW. Green decided to go for a DRS review, after being struck on the back-pad, which failed to overturn the umpire's decision. Pat Cummins is the new man in.