India vs China, Asian Games 2023 Football Highlights: Qianglong Tao Scores Twice As China Thrash India 5-1 In Opener
India vs China Football Highlights: China thrashed India 5-1 in their opening Asian Games 2023 match on Tuesday in Hangzhou.
India vs China, Asian Games 2023 Football, Highlights: China thrashed India 5-1 in their opening Asian Games 2023 match on Tuesday in Hangzhou. For China, Qianglong Tao scored two goals while Gao Tianyi, Weijun Dai, and Hao Fang scored one goal each. For India, Rahul KP scored the only goal. India will now take on Bangladesh in their next match on Thursday. It will be followed by another match on Sunday against Myanmar.
Highlights of Asian Games 2023 Football match between India and China, Straight from Hangzhou, China:
- 18:58 (IST)
- 18:40 (IST)India vs China Live: GOALGOAL!!! Qianglong Tao strikes once again in a quick succession and provides China with another goal. Sandesh Jhingan tackles with Fang Hao, who steals the ball and passes it to Tao. Them, Tao does not make any mistakes and successfully places the ball inside the box.IND 1: CHI 4 (74")
- 18:21 (IST)
- 18:06 (IST)India vs China Live: We are backHello and welcome back to the second-half of the Asian Games football match between India and China. So far, both the teams are levelled at 1-1. For China, Gao Tianyi scored for China in the 16th minute while Rahul KP stunned everyone with his heroic goal in the 45 + 3rd minute.
- 17:53 (IST)India vs China Live: Half-timeThis marks the end of the first half of the Asian Games 2023 football match between India and China. Both the teams are levelled at 1-1. For China, Gao Tianyi scored for China in the 16th minute while Rahul KP stunned everyone with his heroic goal in the 45 + 3rd minute.
- 17:50 (IST)India vs China Live: GOALGOAL!!!! What a stunner from Rahul KP as India equalise against China. Rahul receives the ball from Rabeeh and takes it inside China's territory and slams a fiery shot between the goalkeeper and the post. The ball clears the field and lands into the nets.IND 1: 1 CHI (45 + 3")
- 17:37 (IST)India vs China Live: No Goal for IndiaIndia miss out on a good opportunity of equalizing the game. Sandesh Jhinghan passes the ball to Rabeeh, who then gives to Ayush Chhetri. Ayush makes no mistakes and passes it towards Rahim Ali, who then unleashes a powerless shot towards the target as India fail to score.
- 17:06 (IST)India vs China Live: Good work from RathiChina have been dominant in their approach from the very beginning. They are exchanging quick passes and creating opportunities. Qianglong Tao receives the ball and smartly takes it into the Indian territory. However, Sumit Rathi successfully diverts the coming danger.
- 16:27 (IST)India vs China Live: India's first meet with China since 2002The last time the two countries met in the Asian Games was in the 2002 edition in Busan, Korea, where India lost 0-2. The then Indian team had the likes of Bhaichung Bhutia, Shanmugam Venkatesh, Jo Paul Ancheri, Renedy Singh and current assistant coach Mahesh Gawli.
- 16:12 (IST)India vs China Live: India missing two defendersTwo players -- defenders Konsam Chinglensana Singh and Lalchungnunga -- out of the 22 players picked will join later as their visas were not ready. The Indian contingent's chef de mission Bhupinder Singh Bajwa has, however, said that the duo will get their 'express visas' in a day or two and they will join the team.
- 16:11 (IST)India vs China Live: Here's what Igor Stimac said"If I knew that certain elements will stop us from going with the best possible team, I would have rather picked all the players from the I-League and request to train with them for two months and prepare with them for the Asian Games. It would not have been much different," said Stimac.
- 16:08 (IST)India vs China Live: India's hectic scheduleIndia football team head coach Igor Stimac, on Sunday, lashed out at the Indian Super League (ISL) organisers FSDL and clubs for not releasing players for the Asian Games as the national federation was forced to stitch an under-strength ragtag side at the last moment after hectic parleys.
- 15:58 (IST)India vs China Live: Tough challenge for IndiaSet to play their opening match without any training session and proper rest after the last-minute announcement of the squad, India will be the clear underdogs. India were able to stitch a rag-tag final squad only on Friday and the team left for China on Sunday, leaving no time for the players to even have a training session together.