Asian Games 2023 Highlights: Cricket Team, Shooters Star As India Clinch Two Gold Medals, Wushu Star Assures Bronze
Asian Games 2023 Highlights, September 25: Indian women's cricket team and shooters won gold medals as the total medal tally increased to 12 on Monday.
Asian Games 2023 Highlights: India had a good outing on the second day of medal events at the Asian Games 2023, as it won two gold medals. The Indian women's cricket team scripted history by clinching the country's first gold medal in the sport at the Asian Games after India's 10m men's air rifle team earned the top honour. Those two wins were the highlight of India's show at the Asian Games 2023 on Monday. Shooters and rowers added to the tally too with bronze medal wins at the Asian Games 2023. By the end of the action on Monday, India won a total of 11 medals (2 gold, three silver and six bronze). India is also assured of a medal in Wushu with Roshibina Devi entering the semi-finals. (Asian Games Medals Tally | Full Schedule - Sep 25)
Here are the Highlights of Asian Games 2023, September 25 action straight from Hangzhou:
- 16:27 (IST)Asian Games 2023 LIVE: Swimmers to be in action soon!India's action for the day is far from over. The Indian swimmers wil not compete for the medals.Men's 50m Backstroke Final (5 pm) - Srihari NatarajMen's 100m Breaststroke (5:43 pm) - SP LikithMen's 4 x 200m Freestyle Relay (6:24 pm) - Indian team
- 15:20 (IST)Asian Games 2023 LIVE: Praise for the 18-year-old sensation!
Indian women's cricket team wins Gold at the #AsianGames with a dominant win over Sri Lanka, led by 18-year-old sensation #TitasSadhu's bowling brilliance (3 for 6). Congratulations to the team and support staff for this historic achievement! @BCCIWomen pic.twitter.com/md78olzIxS— Jay Shah (@JayShah) September 25, 2023
- 15:07 (IST)Asian Games Live updates: Relive the winning scenes!
!— SAI Media (@Media_SAI) September 25, 2023
The incredible women's cricket team of India strike GOLD for the first time ever, clinching a thrilling victory against Sri Lanka! Let's celebrate these remarkable women who've made India proud at #AsianGames2022! #Cheer4India pic.twitter.com/0xUrGdgfbA
- 14:57 (IST)Asian Games 2023: A huge confidence booster for India!The Indian women's cricket team has dealt with several losses in the knockout stage in the recent past. Last year's Commonwealth Games and the T20 World Cup semi-final defeat earlier this year, hit them hard. Today also, the Harmanpreet Kaur-led team could score only 116 runs in the first innings. But then the bowlers stepped up the game with Titas Sidhu taking three wickets, as India won by 19 runs.
- 14:01 (IST)2023 Asian Games LIVE: Mixed day in basketballIndian basket sides had a mixed day with the men's team defeating Malaysia while women lost their game against Uzbekistan.In the men's event, India's Sahaij Pratap Singh Sekhon caged 10 points and helped his side win by 20-16 against Malaysia in a Pool C match.
- 13:30 (IST)Asian Games Live updates: Swimmers on the charge!
Swimming action so far, today. Srihari has qualified for the finals of the 50m Backstroke event. While Likith SP has made it to the finals of the 100m breaststroke. Our Men's 4x200m Freestyle relay team will also feature in the finals! #IndiaAtAG22— Team India (@WeAreTeamIndia) September 25, 2023
- 12:09 (IST)
- 10:47 (IST)Asian Games 2023 LIVE UPDATES: Cricket Final coming up!India's women's cricket final against Sri Lanka is about to start: Follow Live updates here
- 10:31 (IST)
- 10:18 (IST)Asian Games, Shooting Live: Vijayveer Sidhu enters finalIndia's Vijayveer Sidhu has entered the final of 25m men’s Rapid Fire Pistol individual event. He finished at sixth place with a total of 582 points. Apart from him, Adarsh Singh finished 14th with 576 and Anish Bhanwala finished 21st with 560. The final will be held at 11:30 AM.
- 10:14 (IST)Asian Games, Shooting Live: India win bronze in 25m men’s Rapid Fire PistolBRONZE!!! After clinching the gold in 10m men's rifle event, Team India has now bagged away the bronze medal in 25m men’s Rapid Fire Pistol. The team, which features Vijayveer Sidhu, Anish and Adarsh Singh, scored 1718 points.