Asian Games 2023 October 2 Highlights: India Touch 60-Medal Mark, Athletics Continue To Boost Campaign
Asian Games 2023 October 2 Highlights: Another good day for India at the Asian Games, as it touched 60 medal-mark with good show in athletics, table tennis and skating
Asian Games 2023 October 2 Highlights: India have touched the 60-medal mark at the Asian Games 2023 with the target of 100 medal wins firmly in sight. Athletics continued to contribute heavily to the Asian Games 2023 tally as India won three silver and one bronze in the discipline on Monday. India's Parul Chaudhary clinched the silver medal in women's 3000m steeplechase while Priti Lamba won bronze. Ancy Sojan Edappilly won silver in women's long jump while India also finished second on the podium in mixed relay. Earlier, Sutirtha Mukherjee/Ayhika Mukherjee won the country's third-ever medal in table tennis at the Asian Games by clinching bronze in women's doubles. India also got two bronze medals in skating. The first was won by the women's team in speed skating 3000m relay while the second was won the men's team in the men's speed skating 3000m relay. Indian men's hockey team entered the semi-final following a 12-0 win over Bangladesh in its last Pool A match.(Asian Games Medals Tally)
Here are the Highlights of Asian Games 2023, October 2 Action:
- 17:09 (IST)LIVE Updates Asian Games 2023: 2 medals at one go!Parul Chaudhary has successfully clinched the silver medal at the women's 300m steeplechase while Priti Lamba made a final dash at the closing stages to bring home the bronze medal. Parul's timing was 9:27.63 (personal best) while Prtiti timed 9:43.32 (personal best). Bahrain's Winfred Mutile set a Games record with a timing of 9:18.28
- 16:40 (IST)Asian Games Day 9 LIVE Updates: Events on!Quite a few athletics events have already started or are starting. For the Indian fans, the ones to take note of are the pole vault final (Pavithra Vengatesh), women's long jump final (Shaili Singh , Ancy Sojan), women's 300m steeplechase (Parul Chaudhary, Priti Lamba). These events are on at the moment. However, there are quite a few events later in the evening too.
- 16:13 (IST)Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates: List of athletics eventsPavithra Vengatesh - W Pole Vault Final – 16:30 ISTTejaswin Shanker – M Decathlon High Jump – 16:35 ISTShaili Singh , Ancy Sojan - W Long Jump Final – 16:40 ISTParul Chaudhary , Priti Lamba – W 3000m Steeplechase – 16:50 ISTAmlan Borgohain – M 200m Final – 17:25 ISTMuhammed Anas, Jisna Mathew, Aishwarya Mishra, Soniya Baishya, Muhammed Ajmal – 4X400 Mixed Relay Finals – 18:10 ISTTejaswin Shanker – M Decathlon 400 m – 18:40 IST
- 15:14 (IST)Asian Games Day 9 LIVE Updates: Mixed day in sepak takrawThe Indian men's team kept their hopes alive after winning two straight matches in group B but it was curtains for women's side in quadrant sepaktakraw. The men's side thrashed Singapore 2-0 (21-7, 21-15) in just 38 minutes before beating Philippines 2-0 (21-16, 21-15) at the Jinhua Sports Centre Gymnasium. India will next face South Korea on Tuesday in their last group match.
- 14:28 (IST)LIVE Updates Asian Games 2023: Squash update!Mised results in women's squashJoshana Chinappa loses to South Korea’s Heo Mingyeong1-3 (4-11, 12-10, 9-11, 8-11) in a women's singles Round of 16 match! However, Tanvi Khanna got the better of Arichaya Chujit 3-0 (11-1, 11-3, 11-2) in a Round of 16 match