England vs Australia 2nd Test Day 5 Highlights, Ashes 2019: Australia Survive As Lord's Test Against England Ends In A Draw
ENG vs AUS 2nd Test Day 5 Highlights, Ashes 2019: The second Test between England and Australia ended in a draw as Australia managed to score 154/6 in the fourth innings.
The second Test between England and Australia ended in a draw at Lord's on Sunday. Australia, set an unlikely 267 to win in a minimum of 48 overs after England captain Joe Root's declaration, finished on 154/6. A draw always looked likely in a match that saw five whole sessions lost to rain and Australia's Steve Smith ruled out with concussion on Sunday after being hit on the neck by a Jofra Archer bouncer during his innings of 92 on Saturday. Four wickets after tea gave England hope of what would have been a stunning win. Ashes-holders Australia, bidding for their first Test series win away to England in 18 years, remain 1-0 up in the five-match campaign following their 251-run victory at Edgbaston last week. The third Test at Headingley starts on Thursday. (SCORECARD)
Ashes 2019 2nd Test Day 5 Match, Highlights between England vs Australia, straight from Lord's, London.
2nd Test, The Ashes, 2019, Aug 14, 2019
England drew with Australia
- 23:54 (IST)Match ends in a draw!Pat Cummins completely surrounded by close in fielders is ready to face Jack Leach who starts the final over of the day. He gets to bowl only three balls before Aleem Dar clips the bails at the non-striker's end. The players from two teams shake hands as the match has ended in a draw.
- 23:34 (IST)Out! Paine departs!Joe Denly takes a ripper diving full length towards his left to dismiss Tim Paine. Jofra Archer picks up his third wicket of the day to give England some belief.
- 23:10 (IST)Leach gets rid of Labuschagne!Marnus Labuschagne goes for a sweep which ricochets off the pad of short leg fielder and goes to Joe root and he claims he has completed the catch cleanly. The two onfield umpires decide to go upstairs and their soft signal is out. TV umpire Joel Wilson after checking all the possible angles rules in England's favour, Labuschagne certainly is not happy with that decision. His fabulous innings comes to an end at 59.
- 22:59 (IST)50 for Labuschagne!Marnus Labuschagne brings up his second half-century with a single. He has shown great skills and determination even after getting hit on the grill by a Jofra Archer bouncer.
- 22:23 (IST)Huge LBW appeal...Not out!Chris Woakes gets the ball to hit Marnus Labuschagne high on the pad, goes straight up but his appeal is turned down by the umpire Aleem Dar. Root decides to go for a review. The replay shows the impact between bat and pad to be outside off stump line. England lose their review.
- 21:58 (IST)England on top!Looking at the way the game is progressing, England are the ones who are playing for a win here which is why they are still persisting with Jofra Archer who is in his 10th over. Joe Root has provided him with a couple of close catching options. Australian batsmen are looking to defend rather than scoring runs.
- 21:15 (IST)End of second sessionAustralia are 46/2 at tea on Day 5. Jofra Archer got both the wickets for England in this innings. Warner continued to disappoint as he departed for 5 and Khawaja got out to a peach of a delivery from Archer. Australia need 221 more to win.
That's tea! A rapid spell from Archer to claim two poles.— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) August 18, 2019
35 overs to come in the final session with England needing eight wickets to win.
Scorecard: https://t.co/wIVYDzlceU #Ashes pic.twitter.com/6gDnmBCOzv