World Cup 2019, IND vs AUS Highlights: India Beat Australia By 36 Runs For Second Straight Win
2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, IND vs AUS, Highlights: India defeated Australia by 36 runs to move up in the points table.
- India won the toss and elected to bat against Australia
- Shikhar Dhawan slammed his 17th ODI century
- The Oval is playing host to India vs Australia World Cup match
Following a century by Shikhar Dhawan, Jasprit Bumrah and Buvneshwar Kumar claimed three wickets each as India registered a 36-run win over Australia in the World Cup 2019 at Kennington Oval, London, on Sunday. Even though Australia rode on half-centuries by David Warner, Steve Smith and Alex Carey to cross the 300-mark, they fell 36 runs short of what could be a record chase at The Oval. Besides Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar, Yuzvendra Chahal impressed with two crucial scalps. India's second successive victory at the World Cup 2019 moved them up to the third spot in the points table. While New Zealand are on top with three wins in as many matches, England are second with a better net-run rate than India. Earlier, Dhawan top-scored with 117 runs, while Virat Kohli contributed with a 82-run knock as India posted 352 for five, a record ODI total in a World Cup match against Australia. Rohit Sharma scored a fine half-century to build a strong foundation for India. Dhawan led the Indian charge after captain Virat Kohli won the toss and batted -- a decision he said was a "no-brainer" given the sunny conditions in south London. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Highlights Between India vs Australia, Straight from Kennington Oval.
- 23:13 (IST)India win by 36 runsIndia win by 36 runs. Australia all out for 316 runs in 50 overs, suffer their first loss in the World Cup 2019 at The Oval. Alex Carey was unbeaten on 55 in the end as he failed to drive them past the victory line.
- 21:51 (IST)Fifty for Steve SmithSteve Smith scores his 21st ODI half-century. Australia are 180/2 in 34 overs, need 173 runs to win. The match-winner from the previous match, Smith has been watchful today. However, he made most of the balls that offered him a chance. He smashed two boundaries and a six to reach his fifty.