Sacked Australia coach Mickey Arthur, who is demanding that either he be reinstated or is paid $4 million as compensation for his 'sudden and shock removal,' is in talks with Cricket Australia for the second day on Wednesday.
South African Arthur was removed from his post as head coach of the Australian team a fortnight before the start of the Ashes series. He now remains hopeful of breaking the deadlock with CA, failing which, it is expected that the Protean will take to legal action.
"Today we'll be trying our hardest to get this fixed on a fair and reasonable basis," he told reporters. "So hopefully that happens and hopefully (we'll) get it done before the start of the big (Ashes) Test tomorrow (at Old Trafford, Manchester)."
The Australian team has had to battle a string of controversies, apart from jarring defeats in the first two Ashes Tests versus England. Arthur, in a lawsuit, had revealed that there was a wide rift between skipper Michael Clarke and Shane Watson and that the later had been called 'cancer of the team.'
While the 45-year-old Arthur - replaced by Aussie Darren Lehmann - had expressed his disappointment with this detail being 'leaked,' he also reportedly said that he was a victim of racial discrimination.
On Wednesday though, Arthur was positive that CA will address his grievances and even said that his former wards will stage a comeback against England in the third Ashes Test, starting Thursday.