SRH vs KXIP IPL 2020 Match Highlights: Jonny Bairstow, Rashid Khan Power SunRisers Hyderabad To 69-Run Win Over Kings XI Punjab
SRH vs KXIP IPL 2020 Highlights: SRH are back to winning ways, after defeating KXIP by 69 runs.
SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) defeated Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) by 69 runs in the 22nd match of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020. SRH posted a total of 201/6 in 20 overs after winning the toss and opting to bat. Openers David Warner and Jonny Bairstow were the top run-scorers, smashing half-centuries. Warner was dismissed for 52 runs off 40 deliveries in an innings comprising of five boundaries and a six. Bairstow smashed 97 runs off 55 balls, hitting seven boundaries and six sixes. Spinner Ravi Bishnoi was the pick of the bowlers, accounting for the key dismissals of Warner and Bairstow, finishing with figures of 3/29. None of the KXIP batsmen, barring Windies cricketer Nicholas Pooran made their presence felt after being handed a stern target of 202. Pooran smashed 77 runs off 37 deliveries, scoring the fastest half-century in the ongoing edition. However, Rashid Khan delivered the goods when it mattered the most, dismissing Pooran. It was a mere formality from then on, in the clash held at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.(SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 22 Highlights Between SunRisers Hyderabad And Kings XI Punjab, Straight From The Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Match 22, Indian Premier League, 2020, Oct 08, 2020
- 23:23 (IST)SunRisers Hyderabad beat Kings XI Punjab by 69 runsSunRisers Hyderabad are back to winning ways, as they defeat Kings XI Punjab by 69 runs. Arshdeep Singh hit the ball straight to David Warner at wide mid-off, marking the end of an interesting match.
- 23:11 (IST)
- 22:52 (IST)WICKET! Mandeep Singh b Rashid Khan 6 (6)Mandeep Singh departs for 6 runs off 6 deliveries, after being deceived by a googly bowled by Rashid Khan, which went on to hit the stumps. Mujeeb Ur Rahman is the next batsman in.
- 22:21 (IST)WICKET! KL Rahul c Kane Williamson b Abhishek Sharma 11 (16)KL Rahul has to walk back for just 11, after going down on one knee to play a sweep shot, which induces a top-edge to Kane Williamson at deep mid-wicket. Glenn Maxwell is the new man in.
- 22:17 (IST)KXIP finish the powerplay with a score of 45/2KXIP have finished the powerplay with a score of 45/2. KXIP 45/2 (6 overs), need 157 runs off 84 deliveries
- 21:51 (IST)WICKET! Mayank Agarwal run out (David Warner/Khaleel Ahmed) 9 (6)Mayank Agarwal departs for 9, following miscommunication with skipper KL Rahul over a second run, with David Warner firing in a quick throw. Prabhsimran Singh is the new man in.
- 21:28 (IST)KXIP need 202 runs to winKXIP need 202 runs to win, as SRH finish their innings with a score of 201/6 in 20 overs.
Innings Break!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 8, 2020
A 40 ball 52 by Warner and a brilliant 97 off 55 by Bairstow, propel #SRH to a total of 201/6 on the board.#KXIP chase coming up shortly. Stay tuned.#Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/pCE0LpW9ln