MI vs DC IPL 2020 Match Highlights: Mumbai Indians Beat Delhi Capitals By 5 Wickets
MI vs DC IPL Highlights: Mumbai Indians are on top of the points table, following their triumph by a margin of five wickets against Delhi Capitals.
Mumbai Indians (MI) defeated Delhi Capitals (DC) by five wickets in the 27th match of IPL 2020 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi on Sunday. Quinton de Kock and Suryakumar Yadav scored half-centuries, to help MI remain in contention at every stage after being handed a target of 163 runs. Ishan Kishan further chipped in with a fine cameo as the Mumbai-based franchise jumped to the top of the table. South Africa pacer Kagiso Rabada was the highest wicket-taker for DC, picking two wickets. Earlier, DC batsman Shikhar Dhawan played an unbeaten knock of 69 runs off 52 deliveries to help his side post a total of 162/4. Dhawan's innings comprised of six boundaries and a maximum, with the opener receiving quality support from skipper Shreyas Iyer. Iyer scored a 33-ball 42, hitting five boundaries. The rest of the batsmen failed to make much of an impact. MI all-rounder Krunal Pandya was the pick of the bowlers, accounting for two wickets. New Zealand pacer Trent Boult also chipped in with one wicket. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 27 Highlights Between Mumbai Indians And Delhi Capitals, Straight From The Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- 23:05 (IST)Mumbai Indians go top of the tableMumbai Indians go top of the table, following victory by a margin of five wickets against Delhi Capitals. Krunal Pandya pulled a short delivery from Marcus Stoinis on to the boundary, completing the triumph.
- 22:40 (IST)WICKET! Hardik Pandya c Alex Carey b Marcus Stoinis 0 (2)Hardik Pandya departs for 0 as he attempts a reckless shot, resulting in a thick outside edge to Alex Carey. Kieron Pollard is the new man in.
- 22:32 (IST)Half-century for Suryakumar YadavSuryakumar Yadav completes his ninth half-century in the IPL with a six, following a pick-up shot over deep backward square leg.
- 22:12 (IST)WICKET! Quinton de Kock c Prithvi Shaw b Ravichandran Ashwin 53 (36)Quinton de Kock departs for 53 runs off 36 deliveries, following a tossed up delivery which the South African cricketer attempted to slog-sweep, holing out to Prithvi Shaw at deep backward square leg. Ishan Kishan is the new man in.
- 22:03 (IST)Half-century for Quinton de KockQuinton de Kock scores his 12th half-century, ramping the full ball over and square of the man at short fine leg for a boundary.
- 21:54 (IST)MI back in chase following slow start initiallyMI have put a slow start behind them, reaching a score of 44/1 at the end of six overs. Quinton de Kock and Suryakumar Yadav need to stitch a partnership at this stage
- 21:44 (IST)WICKET! Rohit Sharma c Kagiso Rabada b Akshar Patel 5 (12)MI skipper Rohit Sharma departs for 5 runs off 12 deliveries as he attempts a big hit off a flat ball, hitting the ball straight to Kagiso Rabada at deep mid-wicket. Suryakumar Yadav is the new man in.
- 21:25 (IST)Kagiso Rabada to begin DC's defence of 163Kagiso Rabada will bowl the opening over of the second innings, with Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock opening the innings for MI.
Innings Break!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 11, 2020
69* from Dhawan and a well made 42 by Shreyas Iyer propel #DelhiCapitals to a total of 162/4 on the board.#MumbaiIndians need 163 runs to win. Who are you rooting for?
Scorecard - https://t.co/0fS0687cpP #Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/IIEE3GPVCL