RCB vs SRH, IPL 2020 Highlights: SunRisers Hyderabad Outclass Royal Challengers Bangalore By 5 Wickets In Sharjah
IPL 2020 RCB vs SRH: SunRisers Hyderabad defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore by five wickets, with the triumph propelling them to the fourth position on the points table.
SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) by five wickets in Match 52 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium on Saturday. SRH were handed a paltry target of 121 runs, which they chased down in 14.1 overs. Wriddhiman Saha was the highest run-scorer, accumulating 39 runs off 32 deliveries. Windies all-rounder Jason Holder further made his presence felt down the order, smashing 26 runs off 10 balls with a boundary and three sixes to his credit. Yuzvendra Chahal was the pick of the bowlers accounting for two wickets. Earlier, RCB posted a total of 120 runs for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs. Opener Josh Phillippe was the top run-scorer, accumulating 32 runs off 31 deliveries. South Africa batsman AB de Villiers was the second-highest run-scorer, scoring 24 runs from as many balls. Pacers Sandeep Sharma and Jason Holder accounted for two wickets apiece. Thangarasu Natarajan, Shahbaz Nadeem and Rashid Khan picked a wicket apiece as well. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 52 Highlights Between Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad, From Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
- 22:48 (IST)Important win for SunRisers HyderabadSRH defeat RCB by five wickets, following an excellent performance. The bowlers delivered a fine show with the ball, with the batsmen getting the chase of 121 done and dusted.
- 22:45 (IST)WICKET! Abhishek Sharma c Gurkeerat Singh b Navdeep Saini 8 (5)Abhishek Sharma departs for 8 as he attempts to smash a full delivery over covers, without getting hold of the ball. Abhishek chipped the ball towards wide mid-off, with Gurkeerat Singh completing the catch. Abdul Samad is the new man in.
- 22:30 (IST)1500 runs in the IPL for Kane WilliamsonKane Williamson has now completed 1500 runs in the IPL. The New Zealand cricketer will look to get SRH across the line, following the dismissal of Wriddhiman Saha.
- 21:55 (IST)SRH in control at the end of the powerplaySRH finish the powerplay with 58 runs having lost only one wicket. With 63 runs needed in 84 balls, the Hyderabad-based franchise is certainly in the driver's seat.
- 21:43 (IST)Manish Pandey completes 1000 IPL runs for SRHManish Pandey gets his second boundary of the innings, rolling his wrists to smash the slower ball over mid-wicket.
- 21:32 (IST)WICKET! David Warner c Isuru Udana b Washington Sundar 8 (5)David Warner departs for 8 after attempting a pull shot but failing to connect properly, resulting in an easy catch for Isuru Udana at mid-on. Manish Pandey is the new man in.
- 21:06 (IST)SRH need 121 runs to winRCB have finished with a total of 120 runs for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs, resulting in a target of 121 runs for SRH.
- 20:43 (IST)
- 20:35 (IST)RCB need to accelerate having scored just 86 runs in 14 oversRCB have posted a score of 86 runs for the loss of four wickets in 14 overs. Gurkeerat Singh and Washington Sundar are attempting to rebuild the innings, following the dismissals of AB de Villiers and Josh Philippe. However, they certainly need to accelerate in the last six overs, if RCB are to post a defendable total.
- 20:27 (IST)WICKET! Josh Philippe c Manish Pandey b Rashid Khan 32 (31)Josh Philippe departs for 32 runs as he attempts a big-hit playing a pull shot, hitting the straight to Manish Pandey at the mid-wicket fence. Gurkeerat Singh is the new man in.
- 20:21 (IST)WICKET! AB de Villiers c Abhishek Sharma b Shahbaz Nadeem 24 (24)AB de Villiers departs for 24 runs off 24 deliveries, after attemping to clear the deep cover fence off a flatter delivery bowled outside the off stump. De Villiers however hit the ball straight to Abhishek Sharma who remained calm till the end, bringing Washington Sundar to the crease.