KXIP vs RR, IPL 2020 Highlights: Rajasthan Royals Beat Kings XI Punjab By Seven Wickets
IPL 2020 KXIP vs RR: Rajasthan Royals defeated Kings XI Punjab by seven wickets, as Ben Stokes made his presence felt with both bat and all.
Rajasthan Royals (RR) defeated Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) by seven wickets in the 50th match of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. RR remain alive in the ongoing edition following this triumph, after being handed a target of 186 runs. English all-rounder Ben Stokes ensured the perfect start to the chase, smashing a 26-ball 50. Stokes' innings comprised of six boundaries and three sixes. Sanju Samson continued to attack following the English cricketer's dismissal, scoring a 25-ball 48. The duo received quality support from skipper Steve Smith and Jos Buttler, who helped the side get across the line without much ado. Murugan Ashwin and Chris Jordan accounted for a wicket apiece. Earlier, KXIP posted a total of 185 runs for the loss of four wickets. Chris Gayle was the highest run-scorer, smashing 99 runs off 63 deliveries. Gayle's innings comprised of six boundaries and eight sixes. The Windies cricketer further completed 1000 T20 sixes during his sublime knock. England pace-bowler Jofra Archer and Stokes were the pick of the bowlers, accounting for two wickets apiece. (SCORECARD)
Match 50, Indian Premier League, 2020, Oct 30, 2020
IPL 2020 Match 50 Highlights Between Kings XI Punjab vs Rajasthan Royals, From Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- 23:06 (IST)Rajasthan Royals record a superb winRajasthan Royals have emerged victorious in an important match, defeating Kings XI Punjab by seven wickets. Steve Smith and Jos Buttler helped the team get across the line without much ado, following a fine knock by Ben Stokes.
- 22:44 (IST)WICKET! Sanju Samson run out (Suchith) 48 (25)Sanju Samson departs for 48 runs off 25 deliveries, following some miscommunication for a single. Samson was left short of his crease, following a direct hit from substitute fielder Suchith. Jos Buttler is the new man in.
- 22:30 (IST)WICKET! Robin Uthappa c Nicholas Pooran b Murugan Ashwin 30 (23)Robin Uthappa departs for 30 runs off 23 deliveries, after attempting another big-hit. Uthappa tried a sweep off a flat ball, handing a catch to Nicholas Pooran. Steve Smith is the new man in.
- 22:17 (IST)FOUR!Second boundary of the innings for Sanju Samson who goes deep in his crease, directing the ball in the gap between KL Rahul and the fielder at short third man. RR 93/1 after 9 overs
- 22:01 (IST)WICKET! Ben Stokes c Deepak Hooda b Chris Jordan 50 (26)Ben Stokes departs for 50, having failed to pick the slower and fuller delivery from Chris Jordan. Stokes hit the ball straight to Deepak Hooda at mid-off, bringing the end to a sublime knock. Sanju Samson is the new man in.
- 21:53 (IST)50-run partnership between Robin Uthappa and Ben Stokes50-run partnership between Robin Uthappa and Ben Stokes in just 4.2 overs, Stokes helps RR cross the 50-run mark with a fine boundary, smashing the ball in the gap between mid-off and extra cover. This is the fastest 50 for any team in IPL 2020.
- 21:17 (IST)RR need 186 runs to winRR need 186 runs to win, as KXIP finish with a score of 185 runs for the loss of four wickets in two overs. Stupendous knock by Chris Gayle who smashed 99 runs off 63 deliveries.
- 21:16 (IST)WICKET! Chris Gayle b Jofra Archer 99 (63)Chris Gayle departs for 99, following an excellent yorker from Jofra Archer which hits the stumps. Gayle lost his cool, swinging his bat in disappointment. Deepak Hooda is the new man in.