KKR vs RCB IPL 2020 Match Highlights: Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal Star As Royal Challengers Bangalore Thrash Kolkata Knight Riders By 8 Wickets
KKR vs RCB IPL 2020: Royal Challengers Bangalore jumped to the second spot on the points table, following the victory by a margin of 8 wickets against Kolkata Knight Riders.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) defeated Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) by eight wickets in match 39 of IPL 2020 at Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The Bangalore based franchise were handed a target of 85 runs by KKR, which they managed to chase down in 13.3 overs. Opener Devdutt Padikkal (25) was the highest run-scorer. KKR were restricted to 84 runs for the loss of eight wickets, with skipper Eoin Morgan (30) the highest run-scorer. None of the other batsmen managed to make an impact after Morgan won the toss and opted to bat. The RCB bowlers were excellent, with Mohammed Siraj the star performer. Siraj accounted for three dismissals while conceding 8 runs in his spell of four runs. He further became the first bowler to deliver two maiden overs in an IPL match. The pacer received quality support from spinner Yuzvendra Chahal who picked two wickets. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 39 Highlights Between Kolkata Knight Riders And Royal Challengers Bangalore, Straight From The Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- 22:24 (IST)Royal Challengers Bangalore record a dominant winRCB have defeated KKR by eight wickets, recording a comprehensive win on the back of an excellent performance. Virat Kohli and Gurkeerat Singh completed a single after the former directed the ball to third man, spelling the end of the chase. The bowlers delivered a fantastic performance early on, with the batsmen helping the side get across the line without much hassle.
- 21:56 (IST)WICKET! Devdutt Padikkal run out (Pat Cummins) 25 (17)Devdutt Padikkal departs for 25 runs off 17 deliveries, following some miscommunication with Gurkeerat Singh, as Pat Cummins fired in a quick throw. Virat Kohli is the new man in.
- 21:09 (IST)RCB need 85 runs to winRCB need 85 runs to win the match, after restricting KKR to 84/8 in 20 overs. Kuldeep Yadav was run-out off the final delivery of the innings, following a quick throw by Gurkeerat Singh with Chris Morris maintaining his composure.
Innings Break!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 21, 2020
Brilliant bowling effort by #RCB restricts #KKR to a total of 84/8 (Siraj 3/8, Chahal 2/15).#RCB need 85 runs to win.
Scorecard - https://t.co/XUEBCQIfuL #Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/iJgxbMWryc
- 21:05 (IST)Siraj finishes his brilliant spell on an excellent noteSiraj has ended his spell of four overs with eight runs conceded while picking three wickets. The pacer conceded just six runs off the 19th over of the innings, making his presence felt. Siraj further became the first bowler to bowl two maiden overs in an IPL match, during the course of this spell.
- 20:53 (IST)
- 20:37 (IST)WICKET! Pat Cummins c Devdutt Padikkal b Yuzvendra Chahal 4 (17)Yuzvendra Chahal gets his second wicket of the innings accounting for the dismissal of Pat Cummins for just 4. Cummins attempted a loft over extra cover following a teasing legbreak bowled outside off-stump, chipping the ball off the toe-end to Devdutt Padikkal at long-off. Kuldeep Yadav is the new man in.
- 20:28 (IST)KKR continue to struggle with 10 overs left in the inningsKKR 36/5 after 10 overs, with Pat Cummins and Eoin Morgan at the crease. Yuzvendra Chahal and Washington Sundar have been introduced into the attack, with the duo conceding just 3 runs apiece off their opening overs.
- 20:19 (IST)WICKET! Dinesh Karthik lbw Yuzvendra Chahal 4 (14)Dinesh Karthik departs for four runs off 14 deliveries, following a googly which went on to hit the batsman on the pads. The shout for lbw was initially turned down, before being overturned following a DRS review. Pat Cummins is the new man in.
- 20:04 (IST)KKR in deep trouble at the end of powerplayKKR are in deep trouble at the end of the powerplay, having scored just 17 runs for the loss of four wickets. Some brilliant fielding by the RCB players, with Mohammed Siraj conceding just two runs off three overs, having picked three wickets so far. KKR 17/4 after 6 overs
- 19:54 (IST)WICKET! Tom Banton c AB de Villiers b Tom Banton 10 (8)Third wicket of the innings for Mohammed Siraj, following a delivery bowled on a good length with scrambled seam, which Banton attempted to drive, nicking through to the keeper. Eoin Morgan is the new batsman in.
- 19:47 (IST)WICKET! Shubman Gill c Chris Morris b Navdeep Saini 1 (6)Shocking start for KKR as Shubman Gill departs for 1 run off 6 deliveries. Gill attempted to pull a short bowled outside off at 140.7kph without being in control of the short, with Chris Morris completing an easy catch. Dinesh Karthik is the new man in.
- 19:43 (IST)WICKET! Nitish Rana b Mohammed Siraj 0 (1)Nitish Rana departs for a duck following an inswinger from Mohammed Siraj, which the batsman attempted to push into the off-side rashly. Tom Banton is the new man in.
- 19:39 (IST)WICKET! Rahul Tripathi c AB de Villiers b Mohammed Siraj 1 (4)Early breakthrough for RCB as Rahul Tripathi is dismissed for 1, having induced an edge to wicketkeeper AB de Villiers. Tripathi attempted to guide the gentle outswinger towards third man, without proper control resulting in an edge. Nitish Rana is the new man in.