KKR vs CSK IPL 2020 Match Highlights: Kolkata Knight Riders Bowlers Shine At The Death As They Beat Chennai Super Kings By 10 Runs
KKR vs CSK IPL Highlights: KKR defeated CSK by 10 runs in a close game, to get back to winning ways.
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) defeated Chennai Super Kings (CSK) by 10 runs in the 21st match of the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Opener Rahul Tripathi was the highest run-scorer for KKR, who won the toss and opted to bat. Tripathi scored 81 runs off 51 deliveries in an innings comprising of eight boundaries and three sixes, registering his fifth half-century in the IPL. None of the other players made their presence felt, with Sunil Narine and Pat Cummins the second highest run-scorers having scored just 17. Windies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo was the pick of the bowlers, accounting for three wickets. Sam Curran, Shardul Thakur and Karn Sharma provided valuable support, picking two wickets apiece. During the chase, opener Shane Watson was the top-performer with the bat for CSK, scoring his second consecutive half-century in the ongoing edition. However, his dismissal triggered a flurry of quick wickets, on a day when the reliable Faf du Plessis walked back early to the pavillion. KKR spinners Narine and Varun Chakravarthy helped choke the flow of runs, with the latter accounting for the major dismissal of MS Dhoni. Andre Russell further dismissed Sam Curran when it mattered the most. Some late big-hitting from Ravindra Jadeja, failed to rescue the Chennai-based franchise. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 21 Highlights Between Kolkata Knight Riders And Chennai Super Kings, Straight From The Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Match 21, Indian Premier League, 2020, Oct 07, 2020
- 23:32 (IST)
- 22:57 (IST)WICKET! Shane Watson lbw Sunil Narine 50 (40)Big wicket for CSK who lose Shane Watson for 50 runs off 40 deliveries. Watson has been adjudged lbw, with a DRS review by CSK failing to get the decision overturned. Sam Curran is the new man in.
- 22:51 (IST)Half-century for Shane WatsonShane Watson completes his second consecutive half-century in IPL 2020, putting his side in the driver's seat with an astute knock.
- 22:31 (IST)50-run partnership between Shane Watson and Ambati RayaduShane Watson and Ambati Rayadu have completed a 50-run partnership, with CSK in firm control of the chase.
- 22:15 (IST)CSK have reached 54/1 at the end of the powerplayCSK have finished the powerplay with a score of 54/1. Shane Watson and Ambati Rayadu look extremely confident at the crease, following the dismissal of Faf du Plessis.
- 21:43 (IST)Dwayne Bravo has completed 150 wickets in the IPLDwayne Bravo completed 150 wickets in the IPL, following his three-wicket haul in the first innings.
- 21:28 (IST)KKR bowled out for 167KKR have been bowled out for 167, following a run-out off the final delivery of the innings. Varun Chakravarthy was caught short of his crease, following a fine throw by Ravindra Jadeja with MS Dhoni ensuring the perfect finish. CSK need 168 runs to win.
Innings Break!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 7, 2020
Three wickets from Bravo and two wickets apiece from Curran, Karn Sharma and Shardul Thakur as #KKR are all out for 167.
Live - https://t.co/t7AbaZK1gI #Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/njgUvN4qd6
- 21:25 (IST)WICKET! Shivam Mavi c MS Dhoni b Dwayne Bravo 0 (1)Dwayne Bravo gets his third wicket of the innings, following an excellent catch by MS Dhoni after a wild edge by Mavi. Varun Chakravarthy is the new man in. Two wickets in the over for Dwayne Bravo.