Virat Kohli-led India started their World Cup preparations on a positive note, beating Sri Lanka comprehensively in the first ODI at Cuttack. (Virat Kohli ditches spin, unleashes pace attack on Sri Lanka)
India's 169-run victory on Sunday is their second best in terms of runs over Sri Lanka. The best was their 183-run triumph in Johannesburg on March 10 in 2003. (Angelo Mathews blames batsmen for 1st ODI loss)
Here are more numbers from the ODI:
- Ajinkya Rahane (111 off 108 balls) has posted his highest score in ODIs - his second century. He had scored 106 off 100 balls vs England at Birmingham on September 2, 2014.
- Rahane has got his fourth Man-of-the-Match award in ODIs - his first vs Sri Lanka. He has received three awards in ODIs in 2014.
- India's tally of registering 350 or more 20 times is the most by a team in ODIs, and they have won all of those 20 games.
- India have won both the games when Rahane recorded hundreds.
- Ishant Sharma (4 for 34) has recorded his best bowling figures in ODIs, surpassing the 4 for 38 vs Australia at Melbourne on February 10, 2008.
- Ishant has recorded five instances of four wickets in ODIs. He enjoys an impressive bowling record vs Sri Lanka - 41 wickets (average 24.58) in 23 matches.
- Rahane and Dhawan were involved in a stand of 231 - India's second highest for the first wicket against Sri Lanka behind the 252 between Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly at Colombo (RPS) on July 7, 1998.
- The above partnership is India's third highest for the first wicket in ODIs. Tendulkar and Ganguly were involved in a stand of 258 vs Kenya at Paarl on October 24, 2001 - the highest opening partnership for India in ODIs.
- In all, four double-century stands have been registered for the first wicket for India in ODIs.
- The match-winning 231-run partnership is India's first double century stand in five years. The last partnership of 200 was 201 (unbroken) between Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag vs New Zealand at Hamilton on March 11, 2009.
- India's magnificent 169-run victory is their second biggest in terms of runs against Sri Lanka in ODIs behind the 183-run win at Johannesburg on March 10, 2003.
- India (363 for 5) have posted their joint-third highest total against Sri Lanka in ODIs. Their highest total is 414 for 7 at Rajkot on December 15, 2009.
(Stats courtesy: PTI)