IND vs ENG, 2nd Test, Day 2 Highlights: India In Complete Control, Lead By 249 Runs At Stumps On Day 2
India vs England, 2nd Test, Day 2 Highlights: Rohit Sharma (25*) and Cheteshwar Pujara (7*) saw off the final few overs as India reached 54/1, extending their lead to 249 runs at stumps on Day 2 in Chennai.
Rohit Sharma (25*) and Cheteshwar Pujara (7*) saw off the final few overs as India reached 54/1, extending their lead to 249 runs at stumps on Day 2 in Chennai. After taking a huge 195-run first innings lead, Indian openers Rohit and Shubman Gill gave the hosts a solid start, adding 42 runs for the first wicket. Shubman Gill was trapped leg before on 14 by Jack Leach, which was the only wicket to fall for India in the second innings. Earlier, Ravichandran Ashwin took a five-wicket haul as England folded for 134 runs in the first innings, handing India a lead of 195 runs. Ashwin rattled Stuart Broad's timber in the final session to complete the 29th five-wicket haul of his Test career. Ashwin had picked two wickets each in the first two sessions. Ashwin accounted for the dismissals of three top-order batsmen, including Ben Stokes and Dom Sibley. He cleaned up Ben Stokes in the middle session with a beauty to leave England in deep trouble, with half of their batsmen back in the hut with just 52 runs on the board. Ollie Pope and Ben Foakes combined in the middle and stopped Indian spinners from making further inroads. Virat Kohli then turned to Mohammed Siraj and he delivered immediately dismissing Ollie Pope for 22 runs on his first ball of the match. Pope tried to flick the delivery off his pads but Rishabh Pant pulled off a one-handed stunner diving to his left to end Pope's fighting innings. With only few minutes left in Tea, Axar and Ashwin took two more wickets in quick succession to leave England reeling at 106/8 at Tea on the second day. (SCORECARD)
2nd Test, Day 2 Highlights Updates Between India (IND) vs England (ENG), Straight From MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
- 16:36 (IST)Thank you for tuning in! Good bye!India are in complete control of this match with a handy lead of 249 runs at stumps on Day 2. Thank you for tuning to our today's coverage. Don't forget to join us tomorrow as the hosts look to extend their lead and the tourists eyeing to restrict them cheaply. See ya!
- 16:32 (IST)Stumps @ Day 2 -- India 54/1 lead England by 249 runs!Pujara defends the last ball of the day comfortably as India dominate another day's play to reach 54/1 at stumps on Day 2 leading England by 249 runs.
That's Stumps on Day 2 of the second @Paytm #INDvENG Test at Chepauk! #TeamIndia 54/1 & extend their lead to 249 against England. @ImRo45 *@cheteshwar1 *— BCCI (@BCCI) February 14, 2021
Scorecard https://t.co/Hr7Zk2kjNC pic.twitter.com/ndJlA9AxMQ
- 16:01 (IST)WICKET! Gill departs after good start... India lose review!Shubman Gill digs down his front foot for a forward defence but ball hits the pad first and the umpire has raised his finger. Gill goes for a late review and replay shows the ball would have crashed onto the stumps. India lose their first of three reviews.
- 15:05 (IST)WICKET! Ashwin cleans up Broad! England all our for 134!R Ashwin rattles Stuart Broad's timber to complete his 29th five-wicket haul as England fold for 134 in the first innings, handing India a lead of 195 runs.
INNINGS BREAK! #TeamIndia take a 195-run lead after bowling out England for 134 in the 2nd @Paytm #INDvENG Test!— BCCI (@BCCI) February 14, 2021
wickets for @ashwinravi99
wickets each for @ImIshant & @akshar2026
wickets for Mohammed Siraj
Scorecard https://t.co/Hr7Zk2kjNC pic.twitter.com/eGApzbHf1V
Timber and fifer! @ashwinravi99 gets Stuart Broad's wicket to complete his 29th five-wicket haul in Test cricket.— BCCI (@BCCI) February 14, 2021
England all out for 134 as #TeamIndia secure a 195-run lead in the 2nd @Paytm #INDvENG Test!
Follow the match https://t.co/Hr7Zk2kjNC pic.twitter.com/Zx3noG7YVw
- 14:12 (IST)Tea @ Day 2- England 106/8!India took four wickets in the session and England are in deep trouble with scoreboard reading 106/8 at Tea on Day 2. They are 23-run short of avoiding the follow on.
That's Tea on Day 2 of the 2nd @Paytm #INDvENG Test!— BCCI (@BCCI) February 14, 2021
runs for England
wickets for #TeamIndia
The third and final session of the day shall commence shortly.
Scorecard https://t.co/Hr7Zk2kjNC pic.twitter.com/e9RYJ17SKJ
- 14:08 (IST)WICKET! Ashwin strikes again!Olly Stone tries to drive on the rise and hands a simple catch to short mid-wicket. England are eight down for 106 runs.
Two wickets in quick succession for #TeamIndia!— BCCI (@BCCI) February 14, 2021
First, @akshar2026 gets Moeen Ali out as @ajinkyarahane88 takes a fine catch!
Then, @ashwinravi99 scalps his th wicket. @Paytm #INDvENG
England 8 down.
Follow the match https://t.co/Hr7Zk2kjNC pic.twitter.com/NriH7OwuZM
- 14:05 (IST)WICKET! Axar gets his 2nd... Moeen Ali departs!Axar Patel strikes immediately after coming into the attack to dismiss Moeen Ali. The ball bounced and took a thick outside edge. It ricocheted off Rishabh Pant's pads and went up, Ajinkya Rahane kept his eyes on the ball and dived to complete a superb catch. England 105/7.