The flop-show of India's senior batsmen in the Test series loss to Australia notwithstanding, skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Saturday refused to say anything on their future, insisting that decisions would not be taken in haste.
There is intense speculation on the future of India's senior batting trio of Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman after their failure to perform in the 0-4 series whitewash at the hands of Australia.
"We will have to wait and watch (if there are changes). Our next Test series is only in September, there is plenty of time, we don't want to take decisions quickly," said Dhoni after India's 298-run loss in the fourth Test at Adelaide on Saturday.
Dhoni said the hosts were the deserving winners as they played consistent cricket throughout the rubber unlike his team.
"They have played consistent cricket. Whenever a partnership was needed, their batsmen stepped up and put par-plus runs on the board. Their bowlers were also consistent. They always stepped up when needed," Dhoni said.
"There comes a phase in Australia when once you are set it is difficult for bowlers. That is when you have to be consistent with line and length. They (Australia) never gave us boundaries easily," he added.
India were mauled by an identical margin in England last year. Stating that the tour Down Under will be a learning curve for the youngsters in the Indian team, Dhoni hoped for revival of fortunes in the upcoming limited overs matches.
"We have the ODI series coming up and there will be a completely different side. It (the tour) is a learning experience for the youngsters. Once you play 100-odd ODIs, it is always good to have that experience when you make your Test debut," he said.
Australia captain Michael Clarke said even though the 4-0 scoreline suggest their complete domination over India in the series, it wasn't a cakewalk for the home team.
"It's a pretty good start. Lot of credit to the players and support staff. But it has not been easy, it may look like that on the scoreboard with 4-0," he said.
"We resolved to make sure the disappointment of last summer does not recur this summer. We have tried to improve every day. I have been happy the whole summer, I have had a lot of support and needed it."
"India have a lot of great players, they have coped a bit of flak over the last month. It's an honour to play against them," Clarke added.
With 626 runs to his credit from four Tests with a personal best of 329 not out, Clarke was also adjudged the Man of the Series.
"I have never made so many runs in a series in my career. To score runs against such a good bowling line-up has been good," he said.
Man of the Match Peter Siddle, who scalped six wickets in the game with figures five for 49 in India's first innings, said lady luck finally smiled on him.
He also lauded his teammates, especially his bowling colleagues for their superb show in the series.
"I was probably unlucky earlier. The bowling unit has done superbly together. I was lucky to get rewards here," he said.
"The batting has been lovely. We have stuck to having bowling partnerships every Test. My bowling length has improved, there is consistency," Siddle insisted.