ENG vs IND, 2nd Test, Day 3 Highlights: Joe Root's Unbeaten 180 Powers England To 27-Run 1st-Innings Lead
England vs India Highlights: England ended their first innings at 391 all out, 27 runs ahead of India at Stumps on Day 3 of the second Test at Lord's.
England took a crucial 27-run lead in the first innings at Stumps on Day 3 of the Lord's Test as they went down fighting at 391 in reply to India's total of 364, with Mohammed Shami taking the final wicket of James Anderson with the last delivery of the day. England skipper Joe Root remained unbeaten at 180 runs while Mohammed Siraj starred with four wickets for India. Earlier, Ishant Sharma jolted the batting side with two wickets in two balls in the final session as he removed Moeen Ali for 27 runs and then got the wicket of Sam Curran for a duck on the very next ball. In the second session, Ishant got through the defences of Jos Buttler (23 runs off 42 balls) after Root scored his 22nd century and his second in succession in the series. Siraj bowled his heart out as he dismissed Jonny Bairstow (57 runs off 107 balls) after Lunch to claim England's fourth wicket and first of the day's play. The home team went into Lunch without losing a single wicket and also added 97 runs in 28 overs. Root added 100 runs for the fourth wicket along with Bairstow, who also completed his half-century. (SCORECARD)
Highlights Of England vs India 2nd Test, Day 3 From Lord's, London
- 23:09 (IST)Stumps - Day 3 !Stumps - Day 3England end their first innings at 391 all outJoe Root remained unbeaten at 180 while Mohammed Siraj took 4 wicketsIndia will begin Day 4, 27 runs behind England and will be looking to set up a tough target for the home team to chase in the final inningsDo join us tomorrow again for the Live coverage of Day 4, till then, goodbye and take care !
- 21:30 (IST)Wicket - Two In Two For Ishant !What do we have here now, two in two for Ishant as Curran goes for a duck on the first ballEnd of the over but Ishant will return to bowl for a hat-trickENG 341/7 after 111 overs
- 21:11 (IST)Joe Root Reaches 150 !150 up for England skipper Joe Root as he continues to take the game away from the IndiansENG 336/5 after 107 overs
- 20:16 (IST)Tea Has Been Taken !Tea - Day 3Another four as Shami pitches one down the leg side for Ali to pounce on itTea has been taken now with England well placed at 314/5 after 98 overs - Trail by 50 runsRoot is at 132* while Ali is unbeaten at 20
That's Tea on Day 3 of the second #ENGvIND Test!— BCCI (@BCCI) August 14, 2021
wickets for #TeamIndia in Session 2
runs for England
The third & final session to commence shortly.
Scorecard https://t.co/KGM2YELLde pic.twitter.com/JbBYk2rdMW
- 19:40 (IST)Wicket - Ishant Gets Buttler !Pacer Ishant Sharma takes the crucial wicket of Jos Buttler for 23 runs off 42 ballsButtler went for a fancy drive but missed the moving ball that came in after pitchingENG 283/5 after 91 overs - Trail India by 81 runs
- 18:50 (IST)Test 100 Number 22 For Root !What a brilliant captain's knock by Joe Root !England skipper scores his 22nd 100 in Test cricket and his second of the seriesENG 236/4 after 81.3 overs - Trail India by 128 runs
- 18:35 (IST)Wicket - Siraj Gets Bairstow !England lose their fourth wicketSiraj's hard work pays off as Bairstow (57 runs off 107 balls) lobs a short ball in the air for Kohli to take a simple catchENG 229/4 after 78.4 overs
Breakthrough!— BCCI (@BCCI) August 14, 2021
A short ball from @mdsirajofficial does the the trick as #TeamIndia scalp the 4th England wicket!
Jonny Bairstow departs for 57. #ENGvIND
Follow the match https://t.co/KGM2YELLde pic.twitter.com/LKBVMvOTLb
- 17:44 (IST)Lunch Taken !Lunch On Day 3 !England take Lunch having scored 97 runs in 28 overs without losing a single wicketBoth Root and Bairstow scored fifties and added 100 runs for the fourth wicketIndian bowlers were left frustrated as they failed to find a way through the defences of the English batsmenENG 216/3 after 73 overs - Trail India by 148 runs