Shane Warne has said in a TV chat show on Wednesday that he was "single" once again. Confirming that his relationship with actress Elizabeth Hurley, with whom he was engaged in September 2011, was truly over, Warne has denied that he was in love once again.
On the Today Show, Warne said that reports of him having a sordid hotel tryst with buxom blonde underwear millionaire Michelle Mone were incorrect. When asked to clear the rumours that made international headlines, Warne said it was "absolute rubbish". "Mate it's no one's business but that is all absolute rubbish ... I roll and yawn that's it ...," he said.
Warne said although he and Hurley had split, they remained friends. "I'm single. I'm not seeing anyone, not dating anyone, I haven't got the hots for anyone," Warne said, adding: "If I catch up for lunch with someone or have a business meeting like the other day with someone, it's absolutely rubbish what they write."Â UK tabloid The Sun had claimed that the former cricketer spent a romantic few hours with Mone in her hotel room in London on February 15, showering Mone with roses and champagne.
Rumours of a split between Warne and Hurley have been ongoing since September last year, when the usual flurry of tweets between the couple came to a stop. Reports then surfaced again in December that Hurley and Warne had split for good.
The couple, nicknamed 'Shurley', were forced to deny that their relationship was over in September when both tweeted hints that their engagement was on the rocks. Hurley had tweeted that "recent events" were "too raw and personal to share right now". Meanwhile, Warne tweeted: "Yes, we're sorting through some (private) issues. But we're not throwing the towel in yet".
The couple were photographed together in November at the launch of the Shane Warne Foundation's Ambassador Program, but Hurley had reportedly stopped wearing her sapphire engagement ring.