Mitchell Starc's Adorable Interview With Wife Alyssa Healy After Demolishing Bangladesh Leaves Fans In Splits
After a humiliating defeat in the first Test, Australia bounced back emphatically on Day 1 of the second Test as Bangladesh were bundled out for just 64 in their first innings in Mackay.
- Written by Tushar Mamgaain
- Updated: August 22, 2026 12:03 pm IST
- Australia bowled out Bangladesh for 64 on Day 1 of the second Test in Mackay
- Mitchell Starc took 6 wickets for 12 runs, including a five-wicket haul in seven overs
- After his fifer, Starc was interviewed by his wife and former Australia captain Alyssa Healy on field
After a humiliating defeat in the first Test, Australia bounced back emphatically on Day 1 of the second Test as Bangladesh were bundled out for just 64 in their first innings in Mackay. The chief architect of Australia's dominance was pacer Mitchell Starc, who wasted no time in making an impact and completed his five-wicket haul within the first seven overs. After lunch, he struck again to finish with impressive figures of 6/12. During the lunch break, Starc had another reason to celebrate. His wife and former Australia captain Alyssa Healy interviewed him on the field, leading to a heartwarming and hilarious exchange.
The video of their adorable interaction quickly went viral on social media, leaving fans thoroughly entertained.
"Yeah, who would have thought they'd stitch this one up? I paid for dinner last night. Does that mean it's now your turn?" Healy asked. "You're paid the bigger bucks than I am," Starc replied.
Healy then asked about Australia's decision to bowl first. "You said it before, you've played here more than the rest of us, but, yeah, I mean, we clearly weren't at our best last week," Starc said.
"To get first use of that wicket, a lot of the Queenslanders here have said it's a lot like the Gabba. So, yeah, to make first use of that in the first session, you can't be too unhappy. Six in the first session, can't beat that. Obviously a little bit of anger. It's worked well so far, hopefully we can keep it up," he added.
Meanwhile, Starc etched his name in the history books as the Australia pacer became the leading wicket-taker in World Test Championship (WTC) history, producing a sensational spell against Bangladesh.
The veteran pacer's stunning spell saw him overtake Australia teammate Pat Cummins to become the highest wicket-taker in WTC history. He now has 230 wickets in 56 matches, moving ahead of Cummins and Nathan Lyon, who have 225 wickets each.
India's Ravichandran Ashwin and Jasprit Bumrah complete the top five with 195 and 185 wickets respectively.
Starc's six-wicket haul also took him to the top of the wicket-takers' list in the ongoing WTC 2025-27 cycle. He now has 54 wickets from 10 Tests, moving ahead of England's Josh Tongue, who has 53.
(With IANS inputs)