Kevin Pietersen Receives Apology From English Cricket

Updated: 31 May 2014 09:49 IST

Kevin Pietersen had earlier slammed ECB chief Paul Downton for saying Pietersen was 'distracted' and 'disinterested' in the fifth Ashes Test. England Cricket have issued an apology to Pietersen for Downton's comments.

London:

The England and Wales Cricket Board has apologized to Kevin Pietersen after its head criticized the batsman's attitude in the winter Ashes collapse against Australia.

ECB managing director Paul Downton said the 33-year-old Pietersen appeared "disinterested" and "distracted" in the fifth test of the 5-0 series defeat, and claimed in the radio interview that he was unable to find anyone within the England setup who wanted the player to remain in the team.

Pietersen denied the allegations, and on Friday the ECB said "Paul Downton and the ECB both apologize to Kevin Pietersen for those comments made that were in breach of the settlement agreement" made with the batsman when his England contract was terminated earlier this year.

Both sides were bound by confidentiality provisions.

Topics : Cricket
Related Articles
India vs South Africa: Graeme Smith Raises Big Questions Over Virat Kohli's Leadership Skills
India vs South Africa: Graeme Smith Raises Big Questions Over Virat Kohli's Leadership Skills
India vs South Africa, 3rd Test: Ravi Shastri Says Team Needed 10 More Days Of Practice
India vs South Africa, 3rd Test: Ravi Shastri Says Team Needed 10 More Days Of Practice
India vs South Africa: Wanderers Record a Boost For Virat Kohli's Men Ahead of Third Test
India vs South Africa: Wanderers Record a Boost For Virat Kohli's Men Ahead of Third Test
Show Comments
Advertisement