Former Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly has denied reports of his retirement from all forms of cricket and said he would play the IPL if he got a chance.
Earlier in the day after an interview on a television news channel, claims were made that he had retired from all forms of the game.
Media reports had said that he took the decision after he was snubbed by the Indian Premier League in its fourth season.
He had announced his retirement from international cricket after the Test series against Australia in November 2008. He, however, plays for West Bengal in the domestic circuit.
Ganguly, who had played for Shah Rukh Khan-owned KKR in the last three seasons, was not picked by either of the ten franchises at the two-day IPL auction at a base price of USD 400,000 in January.
On Friday, IPL's Governing Council stalled what could have been a back-door entry for Ganguly as the Kochi IPL team was keen on roping him in.
After opposition from other franchisees, the Governing Council decided not to make available the unsold Indian Players from the auction. IPL rules state that no capped player can be bought outside the players' auction after he has been part of the process.