Durham gets 2013 Ashes match, Lord's still to bid

Updated: 30 July 2009 16:17 IST

Durham will stage its first Ashes Test between England and Australia in 2013 while Lord's still has to make a successful bid.

Durham gets 2013 Ashes match, Lord's still to bid

London:

Durham will stage its first Ashes Test between England and Australia in 2013 while Lord's still has to make a successful bid.

The Chester-le-Street ground has been hosting Test matches since 2003 and England has so far won all four matches played there.

Announcing the first wave of venues on Thursday, the England and Wales Cricket Board also said that the Oval would host an Ashes Test when the Australians return in four years' time.

Although the other three venues are still to be decided, one is almost certain to go to Lord's, the home of English cricket where England beat Australia by 115 runs in the recent second Test to take a 1-0 lead in the series.

But the ECB said that Lord's still has to make a bid for the match under new arrangements which involve grounds applying to the independent Major Match Group.

The ECB also announced that the Rose Bowl in Southampton has been awarded a Test against India in 2014 along with Old Trafford and the Oval. The Rose Bowl already has a Test against Sri Lanka in 2011 along with Lord's and Cardiff.

Next year's Tests are against Bangladesh at Headingley and Pakistan at Edgbaston, Lord's, the Oval and Trent Bridge.



Topics : Cricket Sreesanth
Related Articles
BCCI Maintains Position on Lodha Panel Reforms Ahead of Supreme Court's Verdict
BCCI Maintains Position on Lodha Panel Reforms Ahead of Supreme Court's Verdict
Yuvraj Singh's Wedding Celebrations Continue, Rohit Sharma, TV Stars Join
Yuvraj Singh's Wedding Celebrations Continue, Rohit Sharma, TV Stars Join
Women's Asia Cup T20: India Bowl Out Nepal For 21, Win By 99 Runs
Women's Asia Cup T20: India Bowl Out Nepal For 21, Win By 99 Runs
Show Comments
Advertisement