Story ProgressBack to home
Injured Victoria Azarenka Pulls Out of Wuhan Open, Will Not Compete for Rest of the Season
Lucky loser Annika Beck has replaced Victoria Azarenka in the main draw at the Wuhan Open in which the world's top 20 players are competing.
- Associated Press
- Updated: September 21, 2014 06:42 pm IST
Read Time: 1 min

Victoria Azarenka in action during US Open 2014.© AP
Wuhan, China:
Wild card entry Victoria Azarenka has withdrawn from the Wuhan Open with an injured right foot and will miss the rest of the season.
The two-time Australian Open champion says "unfortunately I will not be competing in any tournaments for the remainder of the season."
Azarenka said she had been trying to improve each day "but that does not appear to be the best approach for me right now."
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com
She will use the time to "take care of my body to compete at my best next season."
Lucky loser Annika Beck has replaced Azarenka in the main draw at the Wuhan Open in which the world's top 20 players are competing.
Topics mentioned in this article
Victoria Azarenka
Tennis