Australian Open 2020 Semi-Finals Highlights, Roger Federer vs Novak Djokovic: Novak Djokovic Beats Roger Federer To Enter 8th Australian Open Final
Australian Open Semi-finals Highlights: After a come-from-behind win in the opening set, Novak Djokovic dominated the play in the next two sets to beat Roger Federer 7-6 (7-1), 6-4, 6-3 in the semi-final.
Roger Federer started the game dominantly and pushed Novak Djokovic on the backfoot by breaking his serve early on. However, the defending champion Djokovic pulled things back and broke Federer's serve to get himself back in the game. At one point, Federer was leading the opening set by three games but Djokovic once again fought back and took the game to tie-breaker. The World No. 2 from Serbia played an almost perfect tie-breaker, giving away only one point, and there was only one deserving winner and he clinched the first set 7-6 (7-1). In the second set, both the players held their serves and took the game deep. Djokovic broke Federer's serve towards the end to clinch the second set 6-4. In the third set, Federer was pushed against the wall right from the start and he couldn't recover from that. Djokovic dominated the set and finally broke Federer's serve to take two-game lead. Federer won the next game to keep the reigning champion waiting. Djokovic won the next game and booked a berth in his 8th Australian Open final.
Australian Open Semi-finals Highlights Between Roger Federer vs Novak Djokovic, straight from Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.
- 16:53 (IST)Djokovic invincible in Australian Open finals!Nivak Djokovic has never lost a Australian Open final. He will face either Dominic Thiem or Alexander Zverev in the summit clash. Will he be able to created history by lifting the Australian Open trophy for a record 8th time?
- 16:36 (IST)Novak Djokovic takes third set 6-3 to enter Australian Open final!Novak Djokovic clinches the third set 6-3 to enter eighth Australian Open final. He outclassed Roger Federer 7-6 (7-1), 6-4, 6-3 in the last four clash.
- 16:25 (IST)Djokovic breaks Federer's serve to go 4-2 up in 3rd set!Novak Djokovic finally manages to break Roger Federer's serve and extends his lead to two. He is just two games away from reaching the final.
- 16:00 (IST)Djokovic breaks Federer's serve to claim 2nd set 6-4!Novak Djokovic breaks Roger Federer's serve to take the second set 6-4. Roger Federer will have to come up with his A game in the next set to remain in the match.
- 15:43 (IST)Djokovic leads 3-2!Unlike first set, both the players have been able to hold their serves in the second set so far. Novak Djokovic is leading currently 3-2.
- 15:19 (IST)Novak Djokovic takes first set 7-6 (7-1)!Roger Federer takes his first point but trails 1-3 in the tie-breaker. However, Novak Djokovic wins four consecutive points to claim the first set 7-6 (7-1).
- 15:14 (IST)Djokovic takes the first set to tie-breaker!Novak Djokovic makes it 6-6 to take the opening set to the tie-breaker.
- 15:09 (IST)Federer makes it 6-5 in first set!Roger Federer pulls things back after losing a couple of points and did well to restore his lead in the opening set. He saved two break points to hold his serve to lead by one.
- 14:58 (IST)Djokovic reduces gap to 4-5 in first set!Novak Djokovic wins three back-to-back points to keep himself alive in the opening set. With Federer behind by 0-40, he now has three break points in hand. Djokovic breaks Federer's serve for the second time to further reduce the gap to just one.
- 14:48 (IST)Novak Djokovic reduces gap!Novak Djokovic finally manages to get his act right and and wins the second game in the opening set to bring down the gap to only two points.
- 14:38 (IST)Federer breaks Djokovic's serve for 2nd time!Roger Federer comes from behind and breaks Novak Djokovic's serve for the second time in the opening set. With that he took two point lead to go 3-1 up in the first set.
- 14:30 (IST)First game for World No. 2!After early pressure from Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic does well to claim his first game by breaking Federer's serve, making it 1-2 in the opening set.