India vs Zimbabwe, T20 World Cup 2022, Highlights: India Thrash Zimbabwe To Top Group 2, Set To Face England In Semi-finals
India vs Zimbabwe Highlights: India defeated Zimbabwe by 71 runs at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Sunday.
India vs Zimbabwe, T20 World Cup, Super 12 Group 2 Highlights: India defeated Zimbabwe by 71 runs at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Sunday to set up a semi-final clash with England. Defending 186 for 5, India bundled out Zimbabwe for 115 runs in 17.2 overs as Ravichandran Ashwin starred with 3 wickets for 22 runs in his four overs. Earlier, Suryakumar Yadav scored 61 not out off 25 balls as India posted a big total of 186 for 5 against Zimbabwe. Meanwhile, Sean Williams was the pick of the bowlers for Zimbabwe by returning figures of 2 for 9 in two overs. India skipper Rohit Sharma had won the toss and opted to bat first in the game. (SCORECARD)
India (Playing XI): KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant(w), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh
Zimbabwe (Playing XI): Wesley Madhevere, Craig Ervine(c), Regis Chakabva(w), Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, Tony Munyonga, Ryan Burl, Tendai Chatara, Richard Ngarava, Wellington Masakadza, Blessing Muzarabani
Here are the Highlights of the T20 World Cup Match between India and Zimbabwe straight from Melbourne Cricket Ground
- 16:53 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET! India win!!!Axar Patel gets the final wicket of Zimbabwe and India have won this game by 71 runs. The win helps them end at the top spot in Group 2 table and that means the side will be facing England in the second semi-final of the tournament at the Adelaide Oval on November 10. Save the date, guys!!!ZIM 115 (17.2)
- 16:49 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!That's the end of Sikandar Raza's innings. Hardik Pandya has got his wicket. It is the second wicket of the Indian all-rounder in this game. Raza falls for 34 off 24 after being caught out at deep while trying to play a pull shot.ZIM 111/9 (16.4)
- 16:40 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Another wicket for Ashwin! He has got his third one of the game! It was a slower ball which bowled Ngarwa. India are only two wickets away from a win at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.ZIM 106/8 (15.5)
- 16:40 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Another wicket for Ravichandran Ashwin and Zimbabwe are seven down now. Wellinton Masakadza came down the track and wanted to work it on the leg side but he got a leading edge as Ashwin bowled a really slower ball. Rohit Sharma took an easy catch at cover.ZIM 104/7 (15.1)
- 16:32 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Ravichandran Ashwin has got the wicket of Ryan Burl. The southpaw decided to go for a big one but Ashwin fired it onto the stumps. Burl missed the ball and saw his stumps getting disturbed. The partnership between Burl and Raza is finally broken.ZIM 96/6 (13.2)
- 16:21 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: SIX!Wow! This is some shot from Ryan Burl! It was a fuller ball on the stumps from Axar Patel and Ryan Burl reverse-swept it nonchalantly for a six. It looked effortless and smooth as the ball comfortably sailed over the backward point for a six.ZIM 74/5 (10.5)
- 16:18 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe need 128 in 60 balls!India have dominated the first half of Zimbabwe's chase and that sees the latter needing 128 runs more to win off the remaining 60 balls. A tough ask this is for any team against India at MCG and Zimbabwe must know this. However, the primary idea should be to take this innings deep and see what happens. Axar Patel to bowl the next over.ZIM 59/5 (10)
- 16:10 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: FOUR!A fuller from Hardik Pandya and Ryan Burl took his chance and got the reward. Given the mid-off fielder was on the edge of the circle, Burl came down the track and hit Hardik Pandya's fuller ball over the fielder for a four.ZIM 46/5 (8.5)
- 16:06 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Another one bites the dust! Mohammed Shami has dismissed Tony Munyonga via LBW. Umpire was convinced on the appeal and raised his finger but Munyonga still decided to go for a review only to see his side lose one. This is the second wicket of the game for Shami.ZIM 36/5 (7.3)
- 16:00 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Hardik Pandya gets better of Craig Erwine and this is the fourth instance in this innings that a bowler has got a wicket in his first over. Bhuvneshwar started with a wicket before Arshdeep and Shami followed him. Zimbabwe are four down now.ZIM 31/4 (6.4)
- 15:54 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Another wicket for India and Zimbabwe are three down! Fuller ball outside off stump from Mohammed Shami and Sean Williams edged it to the third man fielder while looking to go for a big drive without even reaching to the ball properly.ZIM 28/3 (6)
- 15:47 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: India on top!Both the Indian pacers Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Arshdeep Singh struck early in the innings and dented Zimbabwe's hopes of a strong start. No wicket fell for the chasing team after the second over, but the bowling has been really tight from the Bhuvi-Arshdeep duo.ZIM 21/2 (5)
- 15:35 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Arshdeep Singh also strikes in his first over. He gets the wicket of Regis Chakabva and Zimbabwe are two down now against India in their chase of 187 runs. What a start for India this is! They are on top of this game.ZIM 2/2 (1.4)
- 15:26 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Zimbabwe have lost opener Wesley Madhevere on the very first ball of their chase. It was a good length ball outside off stump from Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Madhevere played it to the right of cover fielder Virat Kohli, who took a 0really good catch diving to his right.ZIM 0/1 (0.1)
- 15:12 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: SIX! India post 186 for 6Suryakumar Yadav caps off the Indian innings with a six, his fourth of the innings. The batter returns to the dug out with an unbeaten 61 off 25 balls that also had six fours in it. What a knock that is from India's star batter SKY! Meanwhile, India have got a really good total on the board and this chase for Zimbabwe is going to be really tough.IND 186/5 (20)
- 15:08 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: Fifty for Suryakumar Yadav!Suryakumar Yadav has hit a fifty off 23 balls. Another blazing half-century it is from India's number four! He is surely batting on another planet these days or say years.
- 15:07 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Hardik Pandya has been dismissed by Ngarava. The Indian all-rounder departs on a run-a-ball 18. It was a full toss on the tram line and Hardik's poor luck saw him hitting the ball into the hands of short third man.IND 166/5 (19.2)
- 14:59 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: Back-to-back SIXES for India!While Suryakumar Yadav had signed off the last over with a sensational six over extra cover, Hardik Pandya has hit a beautiful shot over cover for a six on the very first ball of the 19th over. India may go over 180.IND 156/4 (18.1)
- 14:55 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: FOUR!A scoop shot from Suryakumar Yadav for a four towards fine leg. He is now batting on 28 off 15 balls. Another brisk knock from the player is under progress and Indai must fancy a total in excess of 170.IND 142/4 (17.2)
- 14:45 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: Back-to-back FOURS!Suryakumar Yadav attemped a pull on the second ball of the over. He didn't get it from the middle of his bat but still got a four off it towards fine leg. However, the second one was a good shot from him over mid-off fielder for a four.IND 116/4 (15.3)
- 14:38 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Another wicket for Sean Williams. This time he has got Rishabh Pant. And what a catch that is at long-on from Ryal Burl! He ran to his left before putting in a spectacular jump and taking a blinder. India are four down after losing three wickets in quick succession.IND 101/4 (13.3)
- 14:31 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: KL Rahul falls after fifty!KL Rahul raced to his fifty in 34 balls. He reached there with a six but lost his wicket on the very next ball. Sikandar Raza claimed his wicket as Rahul failed failed to clear the long-off fielder Wellington Masakadza. India have lost two wickets in the span of four balls. A mini comeback for Zimbabwe!IND 95/3 (12.2)
- 14:27 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Virat Kohli is out! Sean Williamson claims his wicket. Kohli was looking to up the ante but he has rather handed an easy catch to long-off in the process. He departs on 26 off 25 balls.IND 87/2 (11.5)
- 14:16 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: Indian in controlIndia have scored 79 runs in the first 10 overs after losing only one wicket that is of Rohit Sharma. This is a good start for the side and it must look for a total near 200. This is the perfect opportunity for them to go all guns blazing and test their batting firepower before entering the semi-finals of the tournament.IND 79/1 (10)
- 14:09 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: SIX! FOUR!KL Rahul took on Ryan Burl for a six and four in the 8th over and India managed to fetch a total of 14 runs in it. This is really good batting from Rahul. He has now shifted gears and is currently batting on 34 off 24 balls.IND 68/1 (8)
- 13:59 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: FOUR!A short ball from Bleesing Muzarabani outside off stump and KL Rahul beautifully slashed it for a four towards the backward point region. It was too much width on offer but Rahul's shot was equally good.IND 40/1 (5.2)
- 13:52 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: WICKET!Rohit Sharma has been trapped by Blessing Muzarabani. It was a short ball on which Rohit decided to go for a big one through pull but he mishit the ball directly into the hands of square leg fielder. India are one down.IND 27/1 (3.5)
- 13:45 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: SIX!KL Rahul got one in the slot from Richard Ngarava and smashed it a for a six into the crowd. Given left-arm pacer Ngarva came over the wicket for the delivery, the ball met beautifully with the bat before flying into the stands over sqaure leg fence.
- 13:41 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: FOUR!A four comes off the final ball of the second over that was bowled by Tendai Chatara, yet India got only 6 runs overall off the 6 balls in the over. This is a slow start for the 2007 champions and it could have been better.IND 6/0 (2)
- 13:37 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: Maiden first over!Richard Ngarava bowled a maiden first over to KL Rahul. The Indian batter was once again too defensive in his approach and that saw the first over giving no run to India. Ngarava's balls also missed the outside edge of Rahul's bat and Zimbabwe would be happy with such a start.
- 13:31 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: It's game time!KL Rahul is on the strike, Rohit Sharma is at the other end. Zimbabwe's left-arm pacer Richard Ngarava has the new ball in hand. Here we go!
- 13:29 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: Play starts in minutes from now!The national anthems are over. Both the Indian openers Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul are out their at the middle. The play starts in just few minutes from now. Don't go anywhere and stay connected for the live updates from the game.
- 13:19 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: Here are Playing XIs -India (Playing XI): KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant(w), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep SinghZimbabwe (Playing XI): Wesley Madhevere, Craig Ervine(c), Regis Chakabva(w), Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, Tony Munyonga, Ryan Burl, Tendai Chatara, Richard Ngarava, Wellington Masakadza, Blessing Muzarabani
- 13:11 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: Rishabh Pant replaces Dinesh KarthikIndia have decided to give Rishabh Pant a chance in this game. Dinesh Karthik has been rested to accomodate Pant in the playing XI. At the toss, Rohit Sharma said that Pant is the only guy who hasn't got a game, including the warm-up matches, hence the team management wanted to give him a chance.
- 13:07 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: India opt to bat first!India skipper Rohit Sharma has won the toss and opted to bat first vs Zimbabwe in their final game of the group stage. India would be needing a win out of it to end at the top spot in Group B of the Super 12 of T20 World Cup.
- 13:01 (IST)Back to India vs Zimbabwe match!India skipper Rohit Sharma and his Zimbabwe counterpart Craig Erwine both are out at the middle for the toss at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Stay connected, the toss takes place in just some seconds from now...
- 13:00 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: Pakistan enter semi-finals!Pakistan have defeated Bangladesh by 5 wickets at Adelaide Oval and sealed their semi-final spot. They are now certain to finish at the top two of Group B table in the Super 12 of T20 World Cup. Follow the Pakistan vs Bangladesh match highlights HERE
- 12:48 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: What could be India's playing XI?Given India have already qualified for the top 4, will they be looking to try any player from the bench in this game vs Zimbabwe? Will the team be tempted to drop Ravichandran Ashwin, who has looked off colour in the tournament, for Yuzvendra Chahal? Check out our predicted India XI CLICK HERE
- 12:43 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: India are into semi-finals!South Africa's disappointing loss to Netherlands in their last league game today eliminated the former from the tournament, while the result also helped India seal a semi-final spot for themselves. India will now be aiming to confirm a top of the table finish with a win over Zimbabwe.
- 12:01 (IST)India vs Zimbabwe: Welcome guys!Hello everyone, welcome to the live blog of India vs Zimbabwe T20 World Cup match. India have already qualified for the semi-finals, but they would still be looking for a better finish at the group stage.