Tokyo Olympics Highlights: Ravi Dahiya, Men's Hockey Team And Golfer Aditi Ashok Shine
Tokyo Olympics Highlights: Ravi Dahiya won a silver medal for India in the men's wrestling freestyle 57kg category. Meanwhile, the men's hockey team won bronze to end their 41-year medal wait at the Olympics.
Despite a valiant effort, Ravi Dahiya lost to Zavur Uguev to win a silver medal in the men's wrestling freestyle 57kg final at the ongoing Tokyo Olympics on Thursday. The ROC wrestler registered a 7-4 win against Dahiya. Meanwhile, Deepak Punia fell to a narrow 2-4 defeat against Myles Nazem Amine in the men's freestyle 86kg bronze medal match. The Indian wrestler saw his medal hopes falter due to a late comeback from his San Marino opponent, who sealed a win in the last minute.
The Indian men's hockey team sealed a 5-4 win against Germany in their bronze medal match. Simranjeet Singh scored two goals for India at the Oi Hockey Stadium, along with Hardik Singh, Harmanpreet Singh and Rupinder Pal Singh also adding their names on the scoresheet. The win also helped the Indian men's hockey team end their 41-year medal wait at the Olympics.
Golfer Aditi Ashok finished Round 2 of women's individual event on a strong note. The Indian wrapped up the round with 5 under par (-5) 66 points. She is tried at 2nd rank 9 under par (-9) with total of 133 points.
Meanwhile, Vinesh Phogat crashed to a shocking defeat against Vanesa Kaladzinskaya of Belarus at the 53kg freestyle wrestling 1/4 final. The Indian wrestler, who was trailing 3-9, lost the bout via fall. Phogat had earlier defeated Sofia Mattsson in the 1/8 finals. She was also out of contention for the repechage round as Kaladzinskaya lost her semi-final bout to Pang Qianyu.
Wrestler Anshu Malik lost her repechage round 2 at the women's freestyle 57kg category. She lost 1-5 to Valeria Koblova.
Here Are The Highlights From Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 16:59 (IST)Men's freestyle 86kg bronze medal match: Deepak Punia loses!!!WHAT A TURNAROUND!!Myles Nazem Amine pulled a late comeback to notch two points. The San Marino wrestler wins the bronze medal!The final score reads 4-2 in Amine's favour!
India's Deepak Punia goes down against Myles Amine 2-4 in the bronze medal clash of the 86 Kg Men's Freestyle wrestling at #Tokyo2020.— SAIMedia (@Media_SAI) August 5, 2021
You've made the whole country proud with your achievement at the #Olympics.#Cheer4India
- 16:38 (IST)Wrestling men's freestyle 57kg final: Its over for Ravi Dahiya! Zavur Uguev wins!The men's freestyle 57kg final is finally over and Uguev comes out on top against Dahiya. The final score was 7-4.Dahiya will return home with a silver medal.
Silver for Ravi!— SAIMedia (@Media_SAI) August 5, 2021
India's Ravi Dahiya loses to Uguev Zavur 4-7 in the final of the 57 Kg Men's Freestyle wrestling to win India's second silver medal and 5th medal overall at #Tokyo2020.
We are proud of his achievement. #Cheer4India pic.twitter.com/bI7ueOeJFR
- 16:02 (IST)Ravi Dahiya's gold medal bout is about to begin!Ravi Dahiya, who has been in fine form, is set to face Zavur Uguev in the wrestling men's freestyle 57kg final. The bout is scheduled for 4:20 PM IST.
wrestler Ravi Dahiya will play for #Gold at #Tokyo2020 in some time, get ready to cheer for him.— SAIMedia (@Media_SAI) August 5, 2021
Continue sending in your #Cheer4India messages to encourage him.#Wrestling #Olympics pic.twitter.com/Ns5UxfyoVW
- 15:42 (IST)
- 13:45 (IST)Women's individual golf: Aditi Ashok finishes Round 2 at second rankAditi Ashok wrapped up round 2 of the women's individual golf with 5 under par (-5) 66 points. She is tied at 2nd rank 9 under par (-9) with total of 133 points.
Great play by #IND golfer @aditigolf, finishing the #Golf Women's Round 2 with 5 under par (-5) 66 points— SAIMedia (@Media_SAI) August 5, 2021
With this Aditi is Tied at 2nd Rank 9 under par (-9) with total of 133 points
Let's continue supporting her with #Cheer4India messages#Tokyo2020#Olympics pic.twitter.com/QHAbS7uK0Z
- 12:23 (IST)Watch: India celebrate after final whistle in men's hockey bronze medal matchIndia edged past Germany 5-4 in the men's hockey bronze medal match at the ongoing Tokyo Olympics on Thursday. Here is a video of India celebrating after the final whistle:
- 11:25 (IST)Keegan Palmer wins men's park skateboard final!Australia's Keegan Palmer won the men's park skateboard final, ahead of Pedro Barros of Brazil and USA's Cory Juneau.
- 10:57 (IST)Aditi Ashok showcasing her family power at the Olympics!Golfer Aditi Ashok is currently T2 in women's individual event, with Round 2 taking place on Thursday. Her mother is her caddie for Tokyo 2020, and her father donned the role at Rio 2016.
@aditigolf is spreading the #Olympics love with her family.— Olympic Golf (@OlympicGolf) August 5, 2021
At the 2016 #Olympics, Ashok had her father caddie for her in Rio.
This year, Ashok, who is currently T2, has her mother on the bag in her hunt for a #Tokyo2020 medal. pic.twitter.com/XdfPePMd4S