Tokyo Olympics 2020 Men's Hockey Match Highlights India vs Australia: India Suffer First Defeat, Lose 1-7 To Australia
Tokyo Olympics Hockey Highlights, IND vs AUS: India crumbled against Australia in their Men's Pool A game, losing 1-7.
India crashed to a 1-7 defeat against Australia in their Men's Hockey Pool A match, at the ongoing Tokyo Olympics on Sunday. Dilpreet Singh scored the consolation for India, with Tim Brand, Joshua Beltz, Daniel James Beale, Flynn Andrew Ogilvie, Jeremy Thomas Hayward scoring a goal each for Australia. Blake Govers scored a brace for the winners. Both teams won their opening games and will be looking to consolidate their position on top of their group with a win at the Oi Hockey Stadium. India beat New Zealand 3-2 in a closely contested encounter on Saturday.
Here are the Highlights from the Tokyo Olympics Men's Pool A hockey match between India and Australia
- 16:33 (IST)FULL-TIME | IND 1-7 AUSThat's it! The match is over in Men's Hockey Pool A! India crumble against Australia, losing 1-7 at the Tokyo Olympics.
- 16:29 (IST)Australia are maintaining control | 4:23' 4th | IND 1-7 AUSAustralia are spraying the ball around and attacking to score another goal! Whenever India attack, the Aussies are soaking in the pressure with comfortable ease!
- 16:24 (IST)7th goal for Australiaaa | 9:47' 4th | IND 1-7 AUSTim Brand scores for Australia again! Its like the Germany vs Brazil match from the 2014 FIFA World Cup here at the Tokyo Olympics!
- 16:21 (IST)India are trying to find another goal | 11:34' 4th | IND 1-6 AUSIndia are passing around, but are unable to get past the Australian midfield in the fourth quarter.
- 16:15 (IST)The third quarter is over!India are in a very poor situation, with Australia leading 6-1 in this Men's Pool A match.
- 16:11 (IST)SIXTH GOAL | 3:33 3rd | IND 1-6 AUSAustralia receive a penalty corner, and Blake Govers converts it with ease! India are crumbling today!
- 16:07 (IST)Another one for Australia | 5:01' 3rd | IND 1-5 AUSAustralia receive a penalty stroke, and put it on the bottom right corner. While Sreejesh dives to the left!
- 16:01 (IST)India are not being able to find the final move | 5:59' 3rd | IND 1-4 AUSIndia have more of the ball now, but there are a lot of yellow shirts near the Australian goal. India are unable to break past!
- 15:55 (IST)Dilpreet Singh scores one for India | 11:42' 3rd | IND 1-4 AUSDilpreet finds one for India. It was Rupinder, who just hit from far, and Dilpreet found a touch near the Aussie goal. A consolation for India!
- 15:51 (IST)India miss their chance | 13:20' 3rd | IND 0-4 AUSIndia mess up their penalty corner, the players didn't know what they were doing and Australia stopped it right away!
- 15:49 (IST)The third quarter begins!The third quarter has begun, and India will be hoping to not concede any more goals!
- 15:39 (IST)Second quarter ends!The second quarter has come to an end and Australia are 4-0 ahead, and have blown away India!
- 15:35 (IST)Joshua Beltz scores | 4:00' 2nd | IND 0-4 AUSA quick dribble down the left flank, and then a solo run, followed by a cross to Beltz. He simply hit a powerful shot past Sreejesh!
- 15:33 (IST)GOAL | 7:00' 2nd | IND 0-3 AUSAndrew Flynn Ogilvie scores a third goal for Australia, and what a counter attacking field goal! 3-0 for Australia.
- 15:29 (IST)Australia extend their lead | 10:00' 2nd | IND 0-2 AUSAustralia attack on the counter, and Beale extends their lead! Nice penalty corner!
- 15:26 (IST)WHAT A SAVE | 9:54' 2nd | IND 0-1 AUSWHAT A SAVE BY SREEJESH! Australia hit on the counter, and Mitton finds Sreejesh near the right side of his goal post, but the legs of the goalkeeper block the shot.
- 15:23 (IST)India are increasing their pressure | 12:53' 2nd | IND 0-1 AUSIndia are increasing their pressure, but Australia are sitting back and soaking it with occasional bursts of possession.
- 15:19 (IST)The first quarter is over! IND 0-1 AUSIndia trail 0-1, and need to find an early goal in the next quarter. It was a good goal by Whetton.
- 15:18 (IST)Another penalty corner for India | 49.2' 1st | IND 0-1 AUSIndia get their second penalty corner, and Rupinder takes an attempt, but a wonderful save by the Aussie goalkeeper.
- 15:13 (IST)GOALLL | 5:48' 1st | IND 0-1 AUSTHAT WAS PURE CHAOS!Australia received a penalty corner, and India initially saved it. Then Whetton found some space in the crowd, and managed to squeeze it through!
- 15:10 (IST)Good try by India | 7:15' 1st | IND 0-0 AUSOh my word! That was close by India, they could have gone one ahead and taken the lead. Goo pressure
- 15:00 (IST)India's starting lineupHere is the starting lineup for India
Our 1⃣1⃣ to fight it out.- Hockey India (@TheHockeyIndia) July 25, 2021
Thoughts on our lineup Australia?#INDvAUS #HaiTayyar #IndiaKaGame #TeamIndia #TokyoTogether #TokyoOlympics #Tokyo2020#Cheer4India #HockeyInvites #WeAreTeamIndia #Hockey pic.twitter.com/jIYp7CjJ7W
- 14:56 (IST)Teams are out for the national anthemsThe Indian and Australian players have walked out for the national anthems ahead of the start of play
- 14:18 (IST)Hello and welcome!A big hello to everyone tuning in. Today, India's men's hockey team will take on Australia in Pool A at the Tokyo Olympics and we can't wait for what looks set to be a cracking contest