Suresh Raina (100 not out off 53 balls) posted his maiden Indian Premier League hundred at the MA Chidambaram Stadium on Thursday against Kings XI Punjab. It was his second in Twenty20. His previous highest was 98 against Rajasthan Royals at Centurion on April 30, 2009. Interestingly, of the four hundreds by Chennai players at the IPL, three have been recorded at Chepauk!
Following are the other highlights of Raina's feat:
* Raina is the second Chennai batsman and the third overall to register a century against Punjab at the IPL, joining Michael Hussey (116 not out off 54 balls at Mohali on April 19, 2008) and Chris Gayle (107 off 49 balls for RCB at Bangalore on May 6, 2011.
* Apart from Hussey and Raina, the only other Chennai batsman to register a hundred at the IPL is Murali Vijay. In fact, he has recorded two - 127 against Rajasthan Royals at Chepauk on April 3, 2010 and 113 against Delhi Daredevils at Chepauk on May 25, 2012.
* Raina has completed his 300 runs at the IPL 6 - 359 at an average of 44.87 in 10 games. He is the tenth batsman to accomplish the feat in the present edition of the IPL. Hussey (485), Raina (359) and Dhoni (300) are the three players with 300 runs or more at the IPL 2013.
* Raina's tally of 107 sixes is the second highest at the IPL- the three top six-hitters being Gayle (165), Raina (107) and Rohit Sharma (105).
* Raina has managed 358 runs at an average of 39.77 in 12 matches against Punjab - the highest by a Chennai player against Punjab at the IPL.
* Raina has completed his 2600 runs at the IPL - the first player to do so - his aggregate being 2613 at an average of 34.84 in 92 matches.
* Gayle (428), Sharma (400), Gambhir (380) and Raina (358) are the leading run-getters against Punjab at the IPL.
* Raina and Albie Morkel have added 74 in 6.2 overs for the fourth wicket - Chennai's second highest against Punjab at the IPL, next only to the 91 between Dhoni and Badrinath at Chepauk on May 10, 2008.
(Compiled by Rajesh Kumar)