Celta Vigo have confirmed that former Roma boss Luis Enrique will be their coach next season after parting ways with Abel Resino.
Enrique's appointment on a two-year deal was announced on Saturday just hours after the club had said they had split with Resino due a difference in philosophy.
"Luis Enrique is already the new coach of Celta Vigo after a deal was reached between him and the club for the next two seasons," a statement on the club's website reported.
Enrique enjoyed a stellar playing career in which he represented both Real Madrid and Barcelona, but after a successful spell as Barca B coach between 2008 and 2011, he endured a difficult season in charge of Roma during the 2011/12 season.
The Italian giants finished outside the European places in seventh in Serie A and the 43-year-old promptly resigned.
In an earlier statement the club thanked Resino for helping guide the club to safety this season, but said that both sides had agreed that it was best that he move on.
"Abel Resino and Celta Vigo have separated after an agreement reached by both parties to go their own ways.
"It was a joint decision taken today considering that once the objective of the recent season had been achieved, it was the best thing, just as much for the coach as the club, given the perceived differences in the philosophy of the club."
Resino, 53, had only been in charge for four months after succeeding Paco Herrera in February.
However, Resino - who has coached six other clubs including Atletico Madrid - did manage to guide Celta to safety on the final day of the La Liga season last weekend as their 1-0 win over Espanyol combined with Deportivo La Coruna's 1-0 defeat to Real Sociedad saw Celta leapfrog Depor into 17th.
The club also confirmed that assistant boss Pepe Serer and physical trainer Miguel Peiro would be leaving the club.