At the launch of his autobiography -- Playing It My Way - Sachin Tendulkar's wife Anjali took a trip down memory lane, revealing her first meeting with the Little Master and how she disguised herself as a journalist to visit the Tendulkar household for the first time.
Anjali and Sachin were married in 1995. Their daughter Sara was born in 1997 while son Arjun was born in 1999. Arjun, who is a left-handed batsman, was selected in the Mumbai Under-14 team for the West Zone League in January 2013. (Top 10 Excerpts from Book)
In a glittering ceremony attended by several cricket greats, Sachin thanked Anjali, his elder brother Ajit and even handed one of the first copies of his book to Sara.
Here are some of Anjali's best quotes at the book launch event:
1. I was not interested in cricket and did not even know who Sachin Tendulkar was when I first saw him. I found him cute
2. When I first saw him at the airport, I ran after him screaming 'Sachin...Sachin'. He did not look at me. But he still remembers that I was wearing an Orange T-shirt which I still have
3. Wrote letters to Sachin to save on international telephone bills. That's the way we communicated
4. I used walk across 46 acres in darkness and brave goons to call Sachin in New Zealand
5. Never wanted to trouble Sachin when he was playing. Being married to a cricketer is tough
6. Sachin wanted to share my load when Sara was a kid, but we wanted him to focus on his cricket
7. Sachin told me to tell his parents that we wanted to get engaged
8. I went to Sachin Tendulkar's house for the first time disguised as a journalist
9. Because I was a woman, Sachin was embarrassed when I told him that I wanted to go to his house
10. To inform Sachin about his father's death was one of the most difficult things to do