Pranav Dhanawade, the 15-year-old son of an auto-rickshaw driver in Maharashtra, has made history by scoring a 1000 runs in an innings during the H.T. Bhandari Cup inter-school cricket tournament organised by the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA).(Mumbai Indians Laud Pranav)
Here is your Pranav ready-reckoner:
1) Pranav is a student of the KC Gandhi School in Kalyan, in Thane, a Mumbai suburb.
2) He has broken a 116-year-old cricket record. Arthur Collins had scored 628 not out in 1899.
3) Pranav's knock came off 323 balls in 395 minutes, with 129 fours and 59 sixes.
4) Pranav's father Prashant drives an auto-rickshaw in Kalyan.
5) Pranav's coach is Harish Sharma. The Maharashtra government has announced that it will cover all costs of his cricket coaching.