No increase in player salary, match fee in PCB contracts
Apparently hit hard by the financial crunch due to the suspension of international cricket in the country, Pakistan Cricket Board has not made any increase in the central contract salaries or match fees of players.
Apparently hit hard by the financial crunch due to the suspension of international cricket in the country, Pakistan Cricket Board has not made any increase in the central contract salaries or match fees of players. The PCB has this time given six-month central contracts to the players from January to June 31 and they have been given time until April 12 to sign and return the contracts.
According to a report in the "Express" newspaper, the Board this time has also dispatched the International Cricket Council code of conduct for players and its anti-corruption regulations to the players alongwith the central contracts. "The ICC code for players and the ICC anti-corruption regulations have also been translated into Urdu language for the convenience of the players," the report said.
The PCB has not increased the central contract salaries or match fees for the players since 2009 when international cricket activities were suspended in Pakistan after the terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team in Lahore.
Under the existing slab payment system, players given 'A' category contracts will be paid a monthly salary of 250,000 rupees and the break up of their match fees is 350,000 rupees for Tests, 300,000 for ODIs and 250,000 for Twenty20 International matches.
The captain is entitled to a special allowance in each match of 50,000 rupees for Tests and 25,000 for a limited over game. He is also given an entertainment allowance of 250,000 per week besides the daily allowance.
Players who are not centrally contracted will also get the same match fees as the contracted players but if a match is not completed or abandoned then the players will get 50 per cent of their fees.
Similarly, if a player is not picked in the playing eleven he is entitled to 50 per cent of his match fees.
But the board has still retained a lucrative bonus system for the centrally contracted players under which if they beat India or the top three teams in the ICC rankings in a match they are entitled to a 100 per cent bonus of their match fees. If they win a series against India or the top three ranked teams, they are entitled to a bonus of 200 per cent of their match fees.
If the team wins an ICC or Asian Cricket Council event their bonus is equivalent to 300 per cent of their match fees. The Board has also laid down that players will get equal share of any earnings with one share given to the player being equally distributed among the team management.
If a player wins a man of the match award, he gets 25 per cent share while the remaining 75 per cent is distributed among the other players.
Besides the financial aspects of the central contracts, the PCB has also laid down stiff penalties for the players for code of conduct violations and given them clear directions on this.