India vs Bangladesh 1st T20I 2019 Highlights: Mushfiqur Rahim Guides Bangladesh To First T20I Win Against India
India vs Bangladesh 1st T20 2019: Mushfiqur Rahim remained unbeaten on 60 and helped Bangaldesh register their first-ever T20I win over India.
Muishfiqur Rahim (60*) helped Bangladesh beat India by seven wickets in the first T20I at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in New Delhi on Sunday. Chasing 149 to win, Bangladesh lost Liton Das in the first over but debutant Mohammad Naim and stitched a solid partnership for the second wicket to bring them bakc in the game. After Naim departed in the eight over, Sarkar joined hands with Mushfiqur Rahim and together the duo put Bangladesh in the driver's seat. Sarkar fell in the 17th over but Rahim smashed four consecutive boundaries off Kahleel Ahmed in the penultimate over, putting them in the driver's seat. Bangladesh skipper Mahmudullah cleared the fence in the last over, helping his side get to a historic win. Earlier, late cameos from Krunal Pandy (15 off 8) and Washington Sundar (14 off 5) helped India post 148/6 in the first innings after they were put into bat. (LIVE SCORECARD)
Highlights of India vs Bangladesh 1st T20I, straight from Arun Jaitley stadium, New Delhi
- 22:43 (IST)Thank you for joining us!We leave you with all the highlights. We will be back when these two sides meet in the second T20I. Don't forget to join us then. Goodnight!
- 22:32 (IST)Bangladesh take 1-0 lead!With this win, Bangladesh take 1-0 lead in the three-match series. The second match will be played at Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot on November 7.
That's that from Delhi. Bangladesh win the 1st T20I by 7 wickets and go 1-0 up in the 3-match series.#INDvBAN pic.twitter.com/z2ezFlifYx— BCCI (@BCCI) November 3, 2019
- 22:27 (IST)Mahmudullah finishes off in style!Bangladesh skipper Mahmudullah charges down and clears the fence to hand his side their first-ever T20I victory over India.
- 22:25 (IST)Dube to bowl final over!Rohit Sharma has handed the ball to Shivam Dube on his debut. He starts off with a dot ball and concedes two on the second ball.
- 22:22 (IST)Mushfiqur hits four consecutive boundaries!Kahleel Ahmed targets the stump and Mushfiqur Rahim smashes three consecutive boundaries to turn the tide in Bangladesh's favour. He also brought up his half-century.
- 22:19 (IST)22 needed off 12!Kahleel Ahmed tries to bowl a slower one, which was slightly back of length, and Rahim played it well to collect a boundary.
- 22:16 (IST)Four!Mahmudullah finishes Chahal's over with a boundary towards long off. Manish Pandey couldn't keep the ball in despite making a full-stretched dive on the boundary rope.
- 22:14 (IST)Dropped... Four runs!Chahal invites Mushfiqur Rahim to go for a slog sweep, the ball went straight to Krunal Pandya but he fails to keep hold of that and the ball rolls over the rope, giving him four runs.
- 22:10 (IST)Khaleel gets his man... Sarkar departs for 39!Khaleel Ahmed takes his revenge as he dismisses Soumya Sarkar on the last ball of the over for 39 runs.
- 22:09 (IST)Miscued shot falls safe!Soumya Sarkar charges down the track but couldn't get the right connection but luckily for him the ball fell in no man's land.
- 22:06 (IST)Brilliant comeback from Khaleel!After conceding six off the very first ball of the over, Khaleel Ahmed comes back strongly and concedes only one run in next three balls.
- 22:03 (IST)SIX!Mushfiqur Rahim, uses all his experience and pulls Khaleel Ahmed over backward square leg for a six. Khaleel became very obvious in his game plan as he used the same short ball strategy in his last over and this time Mushfiqur was waiting for it inside the crease.
- 22:02 (IST)Deepak Chahar saves a couple of runs!Deepak Chahar, taking inspiration from his skipepr, pulls up a tremendous effort on the fence to save a couple of runs for his side.
- 22:00 (IST)Brilliant stop from India skipper!Soumya Sarkar played that shot away from Rohit Sharma but the Indian skipper put his body on the line to stop that ball from getting past him.
- 21:56 (IST)Khaleel Ahmed bowls tidy over!Khaleel Ahmed executes his game plan correctly and gives away only five runs in the 15th over.
- 21:50 (IST)SIX!Krunal Pandya saw Soumya Sarkar charging and he bowled it wide from the batsman but Sarkar managed to get enough bat on the ball which helped it sail over fence on the on side.
- 21:46 (IST)Sundar bowls cheap over!Brilliant over from Sundar this. He conceded only four runs -- all singles -- in the over.
- 21:43 (IST)12 overs gone... Bangladesh 78/2!After 12 overs, Bangladesh are 78/2 and they need 71 off 48 balls. The required rate is 88.8 and they have two set batsmen in Soumya Sarkar and Mushfiqur Rahim.
- 21:40 (IST)Four!Mushfiqur Rahim sweeps once again, this time against Chahal, and the result is same -- four runs.
- 21:38 (IST)Four! That should ease the pressure!Mushfiqur Rahim sweeps and sweeps fine and collects four runs. A welcome boundary for Bangladesh and that should ease some pressure.
- 21:36 (IST)India lose their review!Rishabh Pant convinced Rohit Sharma to go for the DRS but the replay shows there was no inside edge and India lose their review.
- 21:34 (IST)Run out chance missed by India!Yuzvendra Chahal beats Mushfiqur Rahim and they steal after the ball rolled away from wicket-keeper. Pant chases the ball and tries to aim directly at the stump.
- 21:30 (IST)Reverse-swept for four!Mushfiqur Rahim plays a reverse-sweep against Krunal Pandya and gets full value of his shot as the ball rolls over the fence towards third-man.
- 21:26 (IST)Yuzvendra Chahal mixing his lengths well!Yuzvendra Chahal mixed his lengths well and bowled three back to back deliveries. The pressure was mounting on Naim and he played a release shot and Shikhar Dhawan takes a good catch running in from long on. Chahal bowled a googly and Naim went against the turn and that cost him his wicket.
- 21:18 (IST)50 up for Bangladesh!Khaleel Ahmed errs in his line, bowls down leg and the umpire flexes his arms to signal a wide. With that Bangladesh bring up 50 runs on the board in the 7th over.
- 21:17 (IST)Smashed away for four!Sarkar welcomes Khaleel Ahmed into the attack with a cracking shot for a boundary. The ball was short and wide deserved to be put away.
- 21:15 (IST)Four!Washington Sundar gets the ball to turn away from Naim but the pace which allowed the edge to sail past the first slip fielder and race away to the fence. Another expensive over for India's perspective as Sundar conceded 13 runs.
- 21:12 (IST)SIX!Soumya Sarkar gets his reverse-sweep going and collects six runs on the very first ball off the over.
- 21:11 (IST)Four!Full and wide of off from Deepak Chahar and Naim dispatched it to the long-off boundary. Expensive over this for India as Chahar gave away 12 runs.
- 21:07 (IST)SIX!Mohammad Naim starts Deepak Chahar's third over with a maximum over midwicket. Chahar was at fault on that occasion as he erred in his line and Naim played a nice pick-up shot to get his innings going.
- 21:05 (IST)Sundar's absent mindedness cost India an extra run!Washington Sundar reacted late as he didn't expect Bangladesh batsmen to steal an overthow after Shivam Dube's throw hit the stumps at the non-striker's end. Rohit is furious with him.
- 21:02 (IST)Peach from Chahar!Deepak Chahar bowls a peach of an outswinger to Mohammad Naim and he had no answer for that one. He somehow managed to save his wicket by getting bat to ball.
- 20:55 (IST)Spin in!Rohit Sharma introduces Washington Sundar in the second over itself. Sundar bowled a tidy over as he conceded only four runs in the over.
- 20:52 (IST)Liton Das hits it straight to KL Rahul at point!Deepak Chahar bowls an ordinary short of length delivery but Liton Das hits it straight to KL Rahul standing at point.
- 20:49 (IST)Liton Das starts positively as he played two good shot on first two balls. The first one fetched him two runs, while the second shot gave him four runs. The second ball was poor delivery as it was drifting down leg and deserved the punishment.
- 20:48 (IST)The chase begins!Liton Das and Mohammad Naim are out in the middle to kick-start their chase. Deepak Chahar will bowl the first over for India.
- 20:38 (IST)India 148/6 in 20 overs!16 runs came in the final over, courtesy two sixes, which helped India get to a respectable total in the first innings.
- 20:36 (IST)Krunal Pandya finished things off in style with a six!Krunal Pandya rocked back and pulled away the final ball of the innings over deep midwicket for a six.
- 20:35 (IST)Second six from Sundar!Al-Amin Hossain rolls his fingers on the ball and Washington Sundar smashes it straight over his head for his second six of the innings.
- 20:32 (IST)India collect 14 runs off 19th over!Two crucial hits, one each from Krunal Pandya and Washington Sundar, helped India collect 14 runs in the 19th over. Krunal Pandya scored a boundary, while Sundar smashed a six.