Jwala Gutta said she was disappointed with her base price being cut at the Indian Badminton League auction. However she was still positive that the franchise-based badminton tournament would be a success. The highlights from Jwala's press conference:
- I play both singles and doubles. But i wasn't told (by Indian Badminton League) organizers that doubles event was cancelled and my base price would be reduced.
- However I'm still excited to play for the Delhi Smashers in the IBL, I am not a quitter.
- I'm a positive person. I hope such things are not repeated in the future
- As long as players are benefiting (from the IBL) I'm very happy; first time that players are getting such financial benefits.
- I'm sure the Indian Badminton league will be fun. This is the first year of the tournament. I hope everybody enjoys it.
- I'm sure the Indian Badminton League will be very colourful.
- I'm not playing badminton for money, there are other ways to earn money. I enjoy playing the game.