- Neeraj Chopra Grows Into A Colossus With Elusive Track And Field Olympic Gold
Neeraj Chopra heralded a new era in Indian athletics with his colossal Tokyo Olympics gold that acquired him a super star status in the country which had waited for such spectacular success in track and field events for more than a century.
- Asian Games 2018: Muhammed Anas Yahiya India's Biggest Track Hope In Men's Section
Muhammed Anas Yahiya has the potential to go far in the 400 metres.
- Gymnastics is Not Circus, Says Dipa Karmakar After Historic Commonwealth Games Bronze
Dipa Karmakar became the first Indian woman and the second person from the country to clinch a historic Commonwealth Games medal in artistic gymnastics when she won the women's vault bronze in Glasgow
- London 2012: Refugee runs for world, family walk 50km to watch
Stateless refugee Guor Marial will compete in Sunday's men's marathon under the Olympic flag, while his family in South Sudan will trudge 50 kilometres to watch him on the nearest television.
- London 2012 Athletics: Lightning Bolt takes thunder road into history
This was it. The race that would decide whether Usain Bolt, the fastest man the world has ever seen, would become a legend -- according to the Jamaican sprint star himself.
- Tintu Luka: From remote Kerala village to Olympic semi-final in London
When Tintu Luka ran the race of her life to enter the semi-finals of the women's two-lap race, not many in India took note. Most were focused on the upcoming bout that boxer MC Mary Kom would fight in a couple of hours against World number 2 Nicola Adams.
- Who is Tintu Luka?
India's Tintu Luka entered the semi-finals of the women's two-lap race by finishing third in 2 minutes, 1.75 seconds in heat number two. She narrowly pipped Morocco's Malika Akkaoui. In the semi-final tonight she will be up against the likes of Caster Semenya and Alysia Johnson Montano.
- Olympics athletics: Sharp's success brings back joy of life to dad
British 800m runner Lynsey Sharp qualified for the Olympic semifinals on Wednesday, bringing a rare smile to the face of proud dad Cameron, a former sprinter disabled in a car crash 20 years ago.
- Olympics: Fears for Liu's future after latest blow
Liu Xiang's glittering career could be over after his Olympic dream was shattered again, Chinese official media declared on Wednesday, as a specially created web page drew 28 million messages of support.
- Bolt's warning: Will party, will run and will win medals
Jamaica's Usain Bolt warned he was "ready to go again" on Monday in search of more Olympic gold after celebrating into the small hours following his classic 100m win.