US Open Women's Singles Final Five Facts
Italy's 43rd-ranked Roberta Vinci and Italy's 26th-ranked Flavia Pennetta will face off in the US Open 2015 women's final.
Five facts on the US Open women's singles final between Italy's 43rd-ranked Roberta Vinci and Italy's 26th-ranked Flavia Pennetta on Saturday:
- This is the first Grand Slam final for either woman
- The winner will be the second Italian woman to win a Grand Slam singles crown after Francesca Schiavone at the 2010 French Open
- Pennetta leads their career rivalry 5-4 and has won both prior Grand Slam meetings with Vinci.
- They are 1-1 on hardcourts, Pennetta's win coming in the 2013 US Open quarter-finals and Vinci's in 2009 at Tokyo
- Both Pennetta and Vinci are former Grand Slam doubles champions, with a combined 128 weeks as the WTA world doubles number one.