Roger Federer confirms Monte Carlo Masters participation

Updated: 09 April 2014 10:37 IST

Roger Federer had originally left Monte Carlo off his 2014 agenda but his return to form after a poor season last year has persuaded him to return to the Principality after a two-year absence.

Roger Federer confirms Monte Carlo Masters participation
©

Paris:

Roger Federer, fresh from helping Switzerland into the Davis Cup semi-finals, has accepted a late invitation to play in the Monte Carlo Masters, organisers announced on Tuesday.

The Swiss star had originally left Monte Carlo off his 2014 agenda but his return to form after a poor season last year has persuaded him to return to the Principality after a two-year absence.

The 17-time Grand Slam winner put Switzerland into the Davis Cup semi-finals on Sunday when he beat Andrey Golubev 7-6 (7/6), 6-2, 6-3 to clinch the deciding point in his country's 3-2 win over Kazakhstan.

This season the 32-year-old has reached the finals in Brisbane and Indian Wells and won his sixth title in Dubai, his first win in nine months.

Topics : Tennis
Related Articles
Maria Sharapova Wins Second Match On Comeback
Maria Sharapova Wins Second Match On Comeback
Maria Sharapova is a Cheater, Deserves Life Ban: Eugenie Bouchard
Maria Sharapova is a Cheater, Deserves Life Ban: Eugenie Bouchard
Maria Sharapova Wins On Return After Ban, Says 'Best Feeling In World'
Maria Sharapova Wins On Return After Ban, Says 'Best Feeling In World'
Show Comments
Advertisement