Gaudio withdraws from Wimbledon

Updated: 22 June 2007 12:31 IST

Gaston Gaudio withdrew from Wimbledon on Sunday.

Gaudio withdraws from Wimbledon
©

Wimbledon:

Gaston Gaudio withdrew from Wimbledon on Sunday.

The 2004 French Open champion, who has never advanced past the second round at the All England Club, will be replaced by Juan-Pablo Guzman of Argentina.

At this year's French Open, Gaudio led Lleyton Hewitt by two sets before losing 4-6, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4, 6-2 in the second round.

The Argentine, who had reached the third round in Paris the previous five straight years, has won consecutive matches this year only once.

Xavier Malisse, Jurgen Melzer, Paradorn Srichaphan and Jose Acasuso previously announced their withdrawals from Wimbledon, which starts June 25.

Anastasia Myskina, the women's champion at the 2004 French Open, also has withdrawn, along with Zheng Jie and Romina Oprandi.

Topics : Tennis
Related Articles
Maria Sharapova Wins Second Match On Comeback
Maria Sharapova Wins Second Match On Comeback
Maria Sharapova is a Cheater, Deserves Life Ban: Eugenie Bouchard
Maria Sharapova is a Cheater, Deserves Life Ban: Eugenie Bouchard
Maria Sharapova Wins On Return After Ban, Says 'Best Feeling In World'
Maria Sharapova Wins On Return After Ban, Says 'Best Feeling In World'
Show Comments
Advertisement