CSK vs KKR, IPL 2020 Highlights: Ruturaj Gaikwad Fifty, Ravindra Jadeja Flourish Power Chennai Super Kings To 6-Wicket Win vs Kolkata Knight Riders
IPL 2020, CSK vs KKR: Chennai Super Kings defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by six wickets, as Ravindra Jadeja and Ruturaj Gaikwad made their presence felt.
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) defeated Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) by six wickets in the 49th match of IPL 2020 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium. Ruturaj Gaikwad scored his second IPL half-century, with Ravindra Jadeja smashing a 11-ball 31 to help CSK chase down a target of 173 runs. Ruturaj accumulated 72 runs off 53 deliveries, in an innings comprising of six boundaries and two sixes. Jadeja's unbeaten 31 included two boundaries and three sixes. Pat Cummins and Varun Chakravarthy accounted for two wickets apiece. Earlier, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) posted a total of 172 runs for the loss of five wickets, after being sent in to bat. Nitish Rana was the highest run-scorer, smashing 87 runs off 61 deliveries. Rana's innings comprised of ten boundaries and four sixes. Fellow opener Shubman Gill was the second highest run-getter, scoring 26 runs off 17 balls. South African pacer Lungi Ngidi was the pick of the bowlers, accounting for two dismissals. Spinners Ravindra Jadeja, Mitchell Santner and Karn Sharma chipped in with a wicket apiece. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 49 Highlights Between Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders, From Dubai
- 23:11 (IST)CSK record a sensational winCSK defeat KKR by six wickets, as Ravindra Jadeja smashes a mighty six. Jadeja took advantage of a length delivery, to slap the ball over wide long-on. What an excellent knock by Jadeja who has been simply sensational.
- 23:07 (IST)10 runs needed off the final overRavindra Jadeja is in excellent form, with Sam Curran equally capable of smacking the ball into the stands. Kamlesh Nagarkoti will bowl the final over of the innings.
- 22:55 (IST)WICKET! Ruturaj Gaikwad b Pat Cummins 72 (53)Ruturaj Gaikwad departs for 72, after attempting a paddle shot off a full and straight delivery, which went on to hit the stumps. Ravindra Jadeja is the new man in.
- 22:38 (IST)WICKET! MS Dhoni b Varun Chakravarthy 1 (4)MS Dhoni departs for just 1 run off 4 deliveries, after failing to read a quicker delivery from Varun Chakravarthy. Dhoni attempted to play the ball off the back foot, missing the line with the ball hitting the leg stump. Sam Curran is the new man in.
- 22:34 (IST)WICKET! Ambati Rayadu c Sunil Narine b Pat Cummins 38 (20)Ambati Rayadu departs for 38, as he hits the ball straight to Sunil Narine at mid-off, after attempting a third consecutive boundary from a short delivery. MS Dhoni is the new man in.
- 22:19 (IST)2nd IPL half-century for Ruturaj GaikwadRuturaj Gaikwad registers his second half-century in the IPL off 37 deliveries, after a controlled shot past point. The two batsmen complete two runs quickly, to help Gaikwad reach the milestone.
- 22:09 (IST)CSK need 99 runs in 60 deliveriesCSK 74/1 after 10 overs, with Ambati Rayadu showing intent having smashed Nitish Rana for three consecutive boundaries off the previous over.
- 22:04 (IST)CSK need 115 runs in 66 deliveriesCSK 58/1 after 9 overs, with another 115 runs needed off 66 balls. Ruturaj Gaikwad and Ambati Rayadu are looking to rebuild the innings, after the dismissal of Shane Watson. Sunil Narine and Varun Chakravarthy have ensured a disciplined performance so far, making it difficult for the batsmen to score freely.
- 21:56 (IST)WICKET! Shane Watson c Rinku Singh b Varun Chakravarthy 14 (19)Shane Watson departs for 14, after failing to pick the fuller delivery from Varun Chakravarthy, Watson attempted a big hit without generating proper contact, resulting in a top-edge which Rinku Singh took full advantage of. Ambati Rayadu is the new man in.
- 21:06 (IST)CSK need 173 runs to winCSK need 173 runs to win, as KKR finish with a total of 172 runs for the loss of five wickets in 20 overs.