IND vs NZ 1st Test Day 1 Highlights: Shreyas Iyer, Ravindra Jadeja Twin Fifties Give India Advantage At Stumps
India vs New Zealand 1st Test, Day 1 Highlights: Fifties from Shreyas Iyer and Ravindra Jadeja power India to 258/4 at end of Day 1.
India vs New Zealand 1st Test, Day 1: Ravindra Jadeja got to his 17th Test half-century after debutant Shreyas Iyer hit his maiden Test fifty as India reached 258/4 at stumps on Day 1 of the first Test against New Zealand in Kanpur. Iyer and Jadeja put an unbroken 113-run fifth wicket stand after stand-in captain Ajinkya Rahane became Kyle Jamieson's third victim. Iyer was unbeaten on 75 while Jadeja was batting on 50. The duo did a fine rebuilding job after New Zealand had reduced India to 145/4. India did not lose a single wicket in final session. Opener Shubman Gill was dismissed in the first over of the post-lunch session on Day 1 of the first Test in Kanpur followed by Cheteshwar Pujara. India's No. 3 was dismissed by Tim Southee. He failed to convert a good start to a big score yet again. Pujara hasn't reached the three figure-mark since 2019 and the wait is still on. Earlier, Gill dominated New Zealand bowlers with his 52-run knock and added 61 runs with Pujara for the second wicket. Mayank Agarwal was the first to go for 13 in the morning session after Rahane won the toss and opted to bat first. India handed debut to Shreyas Iyer. (IND vs NZ SCORECARD 1st Test Day 1)
India Playing XI: Shubman Gill, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane(c), Shreyas Iyer, Wriddhiman Saha(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav
New Zealand Playing XI: Tom Latham, Will Young, Kane Williamson(c), Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, Tom Blundell(w), Rachin Ravindra, Tim Southee, Ajaz Patel, Kyle Jamieson, William Somerville
India vs New Zealand 1st Test, Day 1 Highlights Straight From Green Park, Kanpur
- 16:35 (IST)Day 1 Stumps: Iyer, Jadeja Guide India 258/4!India finish Day 1 at 258/4 runs at the Green Park Stadium in Kanpur. Debutant Shreyas Iyer (75*) has been sensational in the last two sessions with his temperament and skillset. Iyer was well supported by Ravindra Jadeja (50*) in the final session and the duo stitched to an unbeaten partnership of 113 runs for the fifth wicket.Kyle Jamieson was the best bowler for New Zealand on Day 1 with his three wickets. India will look to extend their domination on Day 2 while New Zealand will try to bundle out the hosts as soon as possible on the second day.That's all from India vs New Zealand Day 1 blog of the first Test. Do join us tomorrow on Day 2.
- 16:25 (IST)50 Up For Jadeja!Jamieson to Jadeja, single and fifty up for the all-rounder. He has proved his place in the team as an all-rounder who can always deliver with both bat and ball. He shows his sword celebration yet again.Ravindra Jadeja - last five innings in home Tests915160*1250*Live Score: India 251/4
- 16:21 (IST)100 Partnership Between Iyer And Jadeja!Jamieson to Jadeja, FOUR to fine leg and the partnership between the two batsmen on the crease is 100 now. They came in when team was in trouble but now they have done their job brilliantly to advance their side to a comfortable position.Live Score: India 245/4
- 15:39 (IST)Sri Lanka Move To Top Spot In WTC Table!Sri Lanka defeated West Indies in the first Test and they moved to the top of the WTC table.However, India have won 2 games and other teams have just one victory to their name. Team India will next tour South Africa for three Test matches.
- 15:13 (IST)Iyer Bags Fifty On Debut!Fifty up for Shreyas Iyer and he has proved his worth in the Test team after registering a half-century under pressure. He can be considered as one of the option for Team India in their struggling middle-order who will face Proteas challenge next month in South Africa.Live Score: India 199/4
- 15:07 (IST)50 Partnership Between Iyer And Jadeja!India have not lost a Test series at home since 2012. However, Team India lost just two games at home since then. The dominance of the Indian team at home is very strong over the last nine years.50 partnership comes up between Jadeja and Iyer.Live Score: India 195/4
- 14:16 (IST)India 154/4 At Tea On Day 1!India have finished the second session of the 1st Test vs New Zealand at 154/4 at the Green Park Stadium in Kanpur. Kyle Jamieson has been a stand-out bowler for New Zealand since morning as he picked three wickets while Tim Southee got one. Earlier, Shubman Gill scored 52 runs and dominated the New Zealand bowlers with his periodical boundaries. Debutant Shreyas Iyer is batting with Ravindra Jadeja who came into bat No.6. The duo have a huge responsibility ahead as India lost all the key batters till now and big names in the batting lineup like regular skipper Virat Kohli, opening batter Rohit Sharma, and wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant have been rested for the game.
- 14:11 (IST)Jadeja Batting In Top 6 An Advantage For India?Jadeja batted at No.5 in the fourth Test match vs England when India last played the longest format. The team have backed the all-rounder over the years but having Jadeja in top 6 would give India an option of a well-sorted left handed batsman in the lineup.Live Score: India 154/4
- 12:03 (IST)Ponting's Shares Special Message To Debutant Shreyas Iyer!Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting said Shreyas Iyer's Test debut was well-deserved as the right-hander has worked very hard in the last few years to fulfil his dreams.
- 11:34 (IST)