India vs Bangladesh 2nd T20I Highlights: Rohit Sharma Helps India Level 3-Match Series With Bangladesh
India vs Bangladesh 2nd T20 Highlights: Indian skipper Rohit Sharma led from the front and helped India beat Bangladesh by eight wickets.
Indian skipper Rohit Sharma led by example and helped India beat Bangladesh by eight wickets at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot on Thursday. Rohit Sharma, after failing with the bat in the first match, made amends and scored a half-century in his 100th T20I appearance. Rohit completed his 18th fifty off just 23 balls. He missed on to his hundred by 15 runs but by then he had ensured there was not much left in the game. His opening partner Dhawan also played a valuable knock as he scored 31 runs. Shreyas Iyer remained unbeaten on 24 off 13 balls to see India home with more than four overs left in the game. Earlier, India had elected to field after winning the toss. Bangladesh got off to a solid start and scored 54 runs in the powerplay but failed to capitalise on the start and could only post 153/6 on the board. (SCORECARD)
HighlightsBetween India vs Bangladesh 2nd T20I, straight from Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot
- 22:22 (IST)India win by eight wickets!The winning run comes off Shreyas Iyer's bat. India win by eight wickets and level the series 1-1. The final match will be played on Sunday.
- 22:06 (IST)Rohit falls! departs for 85!Aminul Islam drops the ball short and Rohit Sharma tried to clear the midwicket fence but the connection was nowhere near what he has been able to manage all evening, hence is caught inside the fence.
- 21:39 (IST)Rohit brings up his 18th fifty in style!Rohit Sharma welcomes Afif Hossain to the crease with a huge six and with that he also completes his 18th T20I half-century. 53 off just 23 ball... What a knock this has been!
The Hitman's having a great time out there in his 100th T20I.— BCCI (@BCCI) November 7, 2019
Brings up a brilliant FIFTY off 23 deliveries pic.twitter.com/dRkdgOZE2U
- 21:28 (IST)Four! 50 up for India!Shafiul Islam bowls a low full-toss and Rohit Sharma opens the face of the bat to beat the point fielder. He collects another boundary. With that shot he brought up 50 runs for India.
- 20:50 (IST)Two runs off the last ball! Bangladesh 153/6!Mosaddek Hossain manages to come back for two runs on the last ball of the innings as Krunal Pandya's throw from the deep was wayward. With that Bangladesh finish their innings at 153/6.
- 20:34 (IST)Back to back boundaries for Mahmudullah!The Bangladesh skipper is leading his team's charging here. After losing his partner on the previous ball he collects two boundaries off two ball to end another expensive over from Khaleel Ahmed as 13 came off it. Ahmed has been very poor in his line and length.