AC Milan announced that Brazilian star Robinho has extended his contract with the club until the summer of 2016.
The 29-year-old Brazilian striker, whose current contract was set to expire in 2014, had been linked with a move to his boyhood club Santos this summer. But the move foundered as the San Paolo club lacked fund, reports Xinhua.
"AC Milan announce that Robinho has extended his contract to June 30, 2016," said a statement on the club's official website.
Before Robinho penned his signature on the new contract, Milan vice president Adriano Galliani had categorically denied any suggestion that Robinho could leave Milan this summer after having a meeting with the player's representatives on Thursday afternoon.
"We are talking with Robinho about a contract renewal," he said. "I can categorically exclude any suggestion that the player will leave," he said.