Roma sporting director Franco Baldini says the Serie A club have no intention of selling unsettled Italian international midfielder Daniele De Rossi, according to reports on Sunday.
De Rossi, currently serving a three-match ban, was linked to Manchester City earlier this year.
Baldini said in a recent interview with Sky Sport Italia the club would listen to offers for the 29-year-old Italy international, a veteran of the 2006 World Cup winning side and who shone at Euro 2012 where Italy reached the final.
But he told Rai Sport on Sunday: "Maybe I was a bit careless and that has led to this situation, but Roma does not want to sell De Rossi.
"I answered a question about what I would do if offers came in. But once and for all, we are not interested in selling."
Roma host Torino on Monday evening, but will do so without De Rossi who sits out the first of three league games.
Against Lazio last week De Rossi was handed a straight red card for a punch-slap to the face of Stefano Mauri as the pair tussled in the area.
Roma sit seventh in the Serie A table, 15 points behind leaders Juventus.