Liverpool to 'Review' FIFA's Luis Suarez Ban

Updated: 26 June 2014 22:00 IST

FIFA's ban for Luis Suarez's clash with Italy's Giorgio Chiellini on Tuesday ended the forward's involvement at the World Cup and was the third time the 27-year-old South American star had been banned for biting an opponent.

Liverpool to 'Review' FIFA's Luis Suarez Ban
Uruguay's Luis Suarez reacts after clashing with Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during their 2014 World Cup Group D soccer match at the Dunas arena in Natal June 24, 2014. © AP

London:

Liverpool said it would make no immediate decision on star striker Luis Suarez after he was given a nine match international ban and four-month suspension from all football for biting an Italian opponent while on World Cup duty with Uruguay.

A statement issued by the English Premier League giants' chief executive, Ian Ayre, shortly after FIFA announced the ban, said: "Liverpool Football Club will wait until we have seen and had time to review the FIFA Disciplinary Committee report before making any further comment."

FIFA's ban for Suarez's clash with Italy's Giorgio Chiellini on Tuesday ended the forward's involvement at the World Cup and was the third time the 27-year-old South American star had been banned for biting an opponent.

It has been estimated that Suarez's latest ban will see him miss at least nine matches at the start of the new Premier League season in August.

Topics : FIFA World Cup 2014 Football
Related Articles
Brazil Firm Reveals World Cup Stadium Cartel: Officials
Brazil Firm Reveals World Cup Stadium Cartel: Officials
Brazil Striker Fred Attacked With Beer Cans by Fans
Brazil Striker Fred Attacked With Beer Cans by Fans
No 'Easy' Way Back for Humiliated Brazil Football Team, says Coach Dunga
No 'Easy' Way Back for Humiliated Brazil Football Team, says Coach Dunga
Show Comments
Advertisement