Michael Hussey has been allowed to skip Australia's tour of Ireland and England in June and July to be with his family after the premature birth of his child. Cricket Australia said he will be replaced by Queensland batsman Peter Forrest in the 15-man squad.
"Due to our baby being born three months early, it is important for the family for me to be here at this time," Hussey said. "It is always difficult to miss any tour for Australia and I thank CA for their understanding of our family's situation."
Forrest, who has played 11 ODIs so far, had been named as the stand-by player when the squad was named in May. He will now be part of the touring party that leaves Australia on June 14.
The Australians will play Leicestershire in a tour game on June 21 before taking on Ireland in a one-off ODI in Stormont on June 23. After another tour game against Essex, Australia will play England at Lord's on June 29 in the first of five ODIs.