Bangladesh on Sunday, agreed to tour Pakistan for a short one 50-over match and one Twenty20 international later this month, reviving international cricket suspended in the country three years ago.
"I am pleased to confirm the tour in which Bangladesh will play a one-day match on April 29 and a Twenty20 game the next day, both in Lahore," Bangladesh Cricket Board president Mustafa Kamal said in a press release.
International cricket has been suspended in Pakistan since a terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore in March 2009.
The attack left eight people dead and seven visiting players and their assistant coach wounded.
Pakistan's government had promised fool-proof security for the Bangladesh team after their security delegation assessed the situation here last month.
Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Zaka Ashraf said the confirmation is a good sign.
"I am extremely pleased that Bangladesh has confirmed the tour. Obviously this is very important for us and we will leave no stone unturned to ensure that this tour takes place in a befitting manner," said Ashraf.
Pakistan had been a 'no go' zone for international team as they fear security of the players in a country where the national army is fighting militancy.