Ashes: Alastair Cook's stiff back on mend

Updated: 01 November 2013 09:08 IST

Alastair Cook was forced to miss the current three-day match against the Western Australia Chairman's XI after arriving in Perth with a stiff back following the long flight from London.

Ashes: Alastair Cook's stiff back on mend
©

Perth:

Skipper Alastair Cook has overcome back trouble and is on track to return for England's next tour game against Australia A, paceman Chris Tremlett says.

Cook was forced to miss the current three-day match against the Western Australia Chairman's XI after arriving in Perth with a stiff back following the long flight from London. (Also read: Cook wants 'big runs' from low-scoring England)

But Tremlett believes his captain will be ready to play in the four-day game against Australia A, starting in Hobart on November 6.

"By all accounts he's feeling a lot better," Tremlett said late Thursday. "I think he had a bit of a stiff back over the last couple of days.

"But he's been in the nets and in the gym, and he's been in good spirits in the dressing room."

Fast bowler Stuart Broad, star batsman Kevin Pietersen and spinner Graeme Swann were also rested from the current game, but all three are expected to feature in Hobart.

During England's 3-1 series win on their last tour of Australia in 2010/11, Cook scored a colossal 766 runs at an average of 127.66 with three hundreds and a best of 235 not out.

Australia, who have lost the past three Ashes series, are fighting to reverse a 3-0 defeat in England earlier this year.

The first Test starts in Brisbane on November 21.

Topics : Cricket England Australia Alastair Cook Chris Tremlett
Related Articles
IPL 2017, RPS Vs KKR : Live Streaming Online, When And Where To Watch Live Coverage On TV
IPL 2017, RPS Vs KKR : Live Streaming Online, When And Where To Watch Live Coverage On TV
IPL 2017, Preview, RPS Vs KKR: Rejuvenated Pune Take On Formidable Kolkata
IPL 2017, Preview, RPS Vs KKR: Rejuvenated Pune Take On Formidable Kolkata
BCCI Rejects Shashank Manohar's Offer of Additional USD 100 Million
BCCI Rejects Shashank Manohar's Offer of Additional USD 100 Million
Show Comments
Advertisement